Priceline Hotel: 2* Charleston (Coliseum-Airport) Homestead Studio Suites

TCR
By TCR,
in

Got it again! (Was hoping for a different one for variety, but oh well.) This time it was for the date after we return from our cruise. I was shooting for one near the aiport (to shorten our drive in the morning so we can sleep in a bit) or for one downtown so that we are close to sightseeing. I opened the bidding for a 4* downtown for $59 with no takers. I then added Folly Beach with no deal. I then added 3*, 21/2* and 2* to each bid (for downtown and Folly Beach) but no takers at $59. (Thought sure I might nab the Holiday Inn on Folly as the rack rate on their web site is only $97 for that date.) I then added the airport area to my bid, but lowered my bid to $38, as I knew I had gotten Homestead previously for a $49 dollar bid. Got them again for $38! (Makes me kinda wish I had bid lower the first time, but still, not too much money lost and both are still below the lowest rates I could find if I had simply booked via Expedia or another online booking engine.) I'll post a review of this hotel when we get back. Tripadvisor offers mixed reviews. One person hated it, a couple felt it was just okay and another seemed to like them. We shall see.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]