Priceline Hotel: 3* Somerset-Brunswick (Somerset-Piscataway-So Plainfield) Marriott

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

it seems that the Somerset Marriott starts its weekends on Thursday night, so I opened my bid at $37, success:

Your Offer Price: $37.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $12.89

Total Charges: $49.89

I wasn't sure if this property was still accepting the $33 weekend bids, but I felt confident that $37 would win (thanks to a recent post by Sage). I was upgraded to a 9th floor room with access to the Concierge Lounge and free continental breakfast, they even had smoked salmon with all the trimmings: bagels, capers, chopped egg, red onion, chopped tomatoes, cream cheese. The regular rate was $194 making this one of the best deals in the area. Friday-Saturday rates start at $79. This is an older property but pretty well maintained, with a great staff and an outoor pool in an inviting courtyard setting that would make for a great weekend getaway in the summer.

placed my bids through savingsbarn.com

Was this a comp Marriott Rewards upgrade, or a slip $10 to clerk type (Vegas style)?

I just presented my Marriott Rewards (Silver) card at check in and he put me in the tower, only when I asked for a free coupon for the restaurant buffet breakfast did he mention that my room was on a concierge floor with access to the lounge.... I didn't drop into the concierge lounge in the evening, so I'm not sure what is offered, but its open until 10:00 pm. The rooms in the Tower seem smaller than the "courtyard" rooms, maybe its just me. All in all, its great to stay in a Marriott for a mid 30's bid and if you can get a free breakfast for presenting your Rewards card, all the better.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]