Priceline Hotel: Hawaii March 2-9

martysutton
By martysutton,
in

Wife and I are headed to Hawaii from March 2-9

I have been to Waikiki, however I would like to go somewhere more secluded.

We like condo style beach front accomodations, so that we can walk out the door and on to the beach.

I would like to surf while I am there, so a good surf beach either at or near the property would be great.

My wife would like a nearby spa, and or possibly some shopping.

I will rent a car if necessary.

I would prefer nothing less than a nice clean 2.5 or better.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

"Secluded" and "near spas and shopping" seem to be mutually exclusive.

If you look at the zones that priceline offers in this area and let us know which zone(s) fit what you're looking for, as well as your maximum bid, we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Also, keep in mind that you're not ensured beachfront accomodations, and in fact i think you're chances of a 2.5* bid landing you on the beach, are pretty slim. If Beachfront is what you want you may also want to consider HOTWIRE where you can know beforehand if the property is on the beach or not.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

First le me apologize for being vague.

I would like something less congested than Waikiki, not altogether secluded, which is why I like the idea of Maui.

I would like no less than 2.5, which means I am willing to go as high as I have to to get the type of accommadations I am looking for.

As an example, I am stayed @ Solmar in Cabo last year. I like the layout, though I would like something a bit nicer if possible. It was on the beach, a short walk to local town (though I don't mind driving/cabbing it to local shopping/golf...).

As far as a per night basis, I don't mind paying $200/night.

One man's "secluded" is another man's parking lot. :)

You're unlikely to get anything "secluded" in Maui on priceline, but it won't be Waikiki, either. You also won't get a surfing beach. High waves and mass tourism are somewhat inconsistent. :)

No problem with your price range, however.

The best deals in Maui on priceline this winter are likely to be in the Wailea section. The Rennaisance will be closing and will probably be happy to take about $160 most days (maybe less). You might get lucky on some of your days at a Kaanapali resort for less than $200, but that's always uncertain.

Calling ResortQuest (formerly Aston) and asking them for the half-price Entertainment Card rate would probably also work well for you. These will be more likely 3 and 4 star properties.

Bidding on priceline at less than "resort" for Hawaii can be a mixed bag. I'd be careful, as you might get something less than you want and you might not get a great price. Hotwire might be better in this category, as you'll likely have a better idea of what you're getting (even if you have to pay a few dollars more).

You should also look at the Starwood page at flyertalk.com for the Starwood Vacation Ownership referral to the Westin Maui or Sheraton Maui. If you can tolerate being pestered to attend an "optional" timeshare presentation, you will save money over what those hotels are going for on priceline these days.

You should also look at the Starwood page at flyertalk.com for the Starwood Vacation Ownership referral to the Westin Maui or Sheraton Maui. If you can tolerate being pestered to attend an "optional" timeshare presentation, you will save money over what those hotels are going for on priceline these days.

Lonestar - could you elaborate a little more on this? I wasn't able to find the threads you were referring to on the flyertalk site.

Thanks!

For rookie surfers, I've heard it's better to learn to surf in Lahaina (Kaanapali) than in the Wailea (south Maui) area. If you want some instruction, I can dig up the names of a couple of decent surf schools in Maui. Two hour small group lessons are about $50 or $60.

I'm looking at the Sheraton, Marriott, and the Westin, so I should be in the Kaanapali area.

The names of some instructors would be great.

MS

I'm looking at the Sheraton, Marriott, and the Westin, so I should be in the Kaanapali area.

The names of some instructors would be great.

MS

Andrew Doughty, who writes the comprehensive Maui Revealed (I highly recommend buying the book) recommends 3 in Lahaina (808 tel. prefix)

Goofy Foot Surf School -- 244-9283

Surf Dog Maui -- 250-7873

Hula Surf -- 280-0103

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]