need help - smf to anc 2-28 thru 3-6

froggman
By froggman,
in

I am looking to fly from Sac. (smf) to Anchorage (anc).

Leave on 2-28 and return on 3-6. Plus or minus a day.

need 2 tickets.

best I can find right now are around $470 per RT ticket. I have tried Orbitz and the rest already.

I am thinking about trying Priceline and need some advice on bidding.

Also - does PL let you pick which seats you want?

Thanks

does PL let you pick which seats you want?
I don't think so... but more importantly you can't even pick your flight and/or layover times (and you also agree to the possibility of at least one connection)

Given the above conditions, how much would you need to save on each ticket to make the bidding game worth it? How much of the $470 above is actual ticket price and how much of it are fees and taxes?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

SMF is an available airport when you select either SMF or SCK as a departure airport.

First select SMF-->ANC and your travel dates.

Try to bid $200, if rejected close that browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select SCK-->ANC BUT...

on the next screen UNcheck SCK and put a checkmark next to SMF (so that you're only bidding on SMF-->ANC)

Bid $225.

If rejected you can repeat for your alternate travel dates and/or wait 24 hours and increase each bid by $25 unitl you get up to your maximum.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]