Priceline Hotel: Bidding for All-inclusive at Copamarina?

cusecop
By cusecop,
in

Hello to all, newbie here.

My wife and I are going to Puerto Rico with are little girl (7) in July and are hoping to hop all over the island. For a portion of our stay I was hoping we could stay at the Copamarina, near Ponce. I've read several good reviews of the place over at tripadvisor and I am specifically interested in it for its all inclusive option. However when I check out the Copamarina on Priceline I do not get an all inclusive option to select, though I have seen all inclusive options at other places on Priceline before.

Does anyone have some thoughts on the matter?

Thanks.

You can't bid on all-inclusive properties thru priceline... all-inclusive properties are only avaialable at a package or thru their non-opaque product.

The good news is that rates in the summer in Puerto Rico are usually quite favorable... if you need help bidding for any portion of your stay please provide the needed information (zones, dates, minimum star rating, maximum bid, etc)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was wondering if I wanted to go the all inclusive route would it be better to bid on the priceline sites for the traditional room and then barter with the Copamarina directly for the all inclusive because it is the slower summmer season or to simply try the non-opaque sites for the all inclusive right from the start?

I'm ot familiar with this property, but from your post i'm assuming that they offer a 'room only' and an 'all inclusive' option.

If you go the opaque route (thru Priceline) what if you don't get teh Copamarina? I would not recommend the approach you're taking.... you have a non-refundable reservation there at that point, so what incentive do they have to cut you a good deal for the all-inclusive portion... will you then take your business elsewhere at that point? You can't, because you're held hostage to the property and have no bargaining power at that point.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare, hoping you can help me out.

I called the Copamarina and directly inquired about there rates. For an all-inclusive, gardenview room and checking in on July 17th and out on July 22nd I was quoted the following:

358.00 a night per couple(all taxes and tips included in this rate)

50.00 a night for our 7 year old

and 10% off per night for our AAA discount

Totaled that out to 368.00 a night. Do you think there is anyway to do better and get the allinclusive?

Thanks again.

I would try the usual suspects like Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc... but i'm not that familiar with the area outside of San Juan and i don't think that there are that many all-inclusive properties in Puerto Rico.

But you also have to ask yourself if $360/nite is worth it for you to go all-inclusive... if you could get a room at a non-inclusive property for $150-$200, could you eat and drink for less than $150-$200 per day (which would bring your total to equal the all-inclusive rate).

Also, don't factor "tips included" in your calculations... most people still tip when services are rendered (and the staff, imo, is usually looking for it as well).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]