Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Somerset-Brunswick (Somerset-Piscataway-So Plainfield) Staybridge

sage
By sage,
in

Got 2 rooms at this nice suite-style accommodation. Extensive bidding to acceptance:

$33 in Somerset 3* (rejected)

$45 in Somerset & Somerville-Bridgewater 3* (rejected)

$45 in Somerset 2.5* (rejected)

$40 in Edison-EB 2.5* (rejected)

$44 in Edison-EB & Somerset 2.5* (rejected)

$47 in Edison-EB & Somerset & Somerville-Bridgewater 2.5* (rejected)

$45 in Edison-Woodbridge 3* (rejected)

$49 in Edison-Woodbridge & Somerset 3* (rejected)

$49 in Edison-Woodbridge & Somerset 2.5* (accepted)

Our friend biddingforhotel described a possible complex algorithm to win at Staybridge, so it seems he might be onto something, unless Staybridge has upped their PL rate (from $45).

Total was $464 for 4 nights (taxes and fees). Best website rate before taxes was $92 (advanced purchase) or $127 (flexible), so we won for roughly half price (or 2 rooms for price of 1).

• 2 weeks later...

The stay was very nice. I'll update my previous stay comments to say that the evening "Sundowner" reception was quite improved from last time. Two nights we made it a light supper: 1) baked fish and potato wedges, with decent salad; 2) chicken wings/drummettes and Stouffer's mac&cheese, with same salad. Menu schedule is posted in the rooms. Breakfast buffets are still excellent and extensive, with special dietary requests honored.

Wireless internet worked well for me, though wired was sketchy. Also, the trick to proper shower temperature - a little dial in center of handle.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]