Priceline Hotel: 3* Banff Ptarmigan

adnelg
By adnelg,
in

New member, but I've used priceline in the past quite a bit with good success. This is the first time I am finding myself somewhat stymied.

Usually I bid in big cities where I can keep adding multiple areas so that I can keep rebidding at the same star value (including the whole trick of adding areas without said star area so that I don't actually get stuck in those areas). The problem is, in Banff I only want to stay in the one area, and the surrounding areas also have 3* hotels -- so I don't want to add them.

So far I have been bidding every 24 hours just inching up my price, but I'm starting to approach the prices I can get through other vendors. Any suggestions?

I'm at 62 dollars per night for a 3* in Banff at present, and on my last bid I was offered a hotel if I increased my bid by 17. That's a little rich for me, so I was holding off till I could rebid. I'm planning on going in about 3 weeks, so I don't want to wait too too much longer.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]