Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (South Beach) New Clinton Hotel

BeckyBC03
By BeckyBC03,
in

Looking for 4*, south beach, 1/19/07-1/22/07

I have found several OK options for around $160/night directly through hotel websites. I would classify these hotels as 3 star. So for 4* I guess my highest bid should be somewhere around that price.

Any help on where to start my bidding at would be greatly appreciated!

You have four re-bid zones available in when bidding 4* in Miami. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* South Beach...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* South Beach and re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* South Beach and re-bid zone4...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* South Beach and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $150.

I'd start with the above. If rejected we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In 24 hours you can try again:

Select 4* South Beach...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* South Beach and re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* South Beach and re-bid zone4...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* South Beach and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160.

Good Luck.

I'dl also give EasyClickTravel and Quickbook a look.

Are any of the hotels you're seeing for ~$160 cancellable? Please also check our support page if you choose to book direct (you can also use our BetterChecker to assist for hotel-direct deals.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid up to $170. I incresed your numbers five bucks a few times.

I did book the Whitelaw as a back up which ended up being about 172/night. I wouldn't classify the Whitelaw as a 4 star though so I am definitely willing to pay this much and a little bit more to try and get a 4 star. I will try again tomorrow night.

PooDonkey,

Please post your win as a NEW TOPIC... as you can see from this post, it can help future users, and there could be others who will never know about your win since it doesn't appear when scanning the topic titles of this thread (nor will it appear in the 'recent wins' of the Priceline Maps.

Thanks.

Well we had success last night. I got the New Clinton Hotel for $180. I had bid up to $165 and jumped it off $15 on the last bid because my boyfriend really wanted a 4* so I may have been able to get this with a lower bid but we had to cancel our other reservation by tomorrow at noon so I was running out of time. We are decently happy with the hotel and it looks nice but I have my doubts about it being a 4*. The restaurant on site is closed and that is listed on Priceline as a 4* hotel quality.

Congratulations on your win... glad you got it settled.

If there is no restaurant or room service offered you ou may be able to call priceline and get some form of compensation (partial refund or a 'credit' to use on a future purchase)... or they may just offer to cancel your reservation. If you pursue this let us know how it goes.

Enjoy your stay.

I may contact Priceline but I was afraid they would just offer to cancel and we don't want to do that because we would be left with no room!

Thanks for your again for all of your help and if I do contact them I will let you know what they say! And as usual I started all of my bids at savingsbarn.com.

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, but I need to ask you the same question I ask everyone who bids this high on priceline: why?

I have no idea whether this hotel is any good, but their published rates (not discounted) are about what you are paying. If you are willing to pay this much, you might as well CHOOSE your own hotel. Especially a boutique property, which can be very idiosyncratic.

Sometimes priceline ISN'T the answer.

That is not really true. I did more research and looking for hotel rates than you can imagine and I did not find a single 4 star hotel in south beach for $180/night. The Clinton was $250/night until a few nights before our stay and then the hotel was sold out every night but one. We may not have gotten a killer deal but at least we were getting a 4star for what most 3-3.5 stars were.

We are actually at the hotel right now. While the Clinton may not be a 4 star hotel in NYC I thnk that it is a 4 star by south beach standards. With so many boutique hotels it really is hard to know what you are going to get. I've stayed at 4 other hotels here and paid about the same rate per night and the Clinton is definitely the nicest so far.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]