Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan Marriott

Bat28
By Bat28,
in

Hi All,

I been looking for the last few weeks to lock in a block of rooms ( 4 - 7 rooms ) for our baseball team,

could someone out there tell me the best way to go, should I book 1 room at a time or try 4 rooms, we were looking at the resorts ( caribe hilton etc, also include any recent bids that were accepted for the san juan area?

I just bid on priceline for feb 15-19 4nights thurs-sunday starting bid 100.00 2nd bid 120.00 No luck

any suggestions on what to do next?

Thanks for any help given

Mike

I bidded today using savingsbarn on a resort style room

el caribe was showing 240.00 on the site / Hotels.com has it for 220.00

I put in bids of 110.00 & 120.00 no luck

I dropped my rating to 3 star

243.00 holiday inn isla verde

249.00 radisson ambassador

300.00 sheraton old san juan

I put in bids of 61.00 & 71.00 no luck

I'll keep trying?

dates for our travel are feb 15th - 19th 4 nights just hotel

Trying to book at the same hotel or in the same area for transportation purposes to & from the baseball stadiums, any suggestions on best course of action.

In your experience should where start at half the going rate or a little higher or lower for the bidding process?

I can lock into rooms on hotwre:

2.5 star 149.00 a night

2 star 119.00 a night

1 star 79.00 a night

also there were no hotel description on this site for 2.5 star or 1 star in san juan

I work for the airlines and tried interline, they only offered the intercontinental at 250.00 a night including everything, we tried to reserve & were told all the rooms at our price were alrady reserved, I could'nt even get 1 room for myself? Yet 2 weeks ago they were available? I guess in a hot market you snooze and you lose?

Thanks for all your help

Mike

I bidded for a week using savingsbarn.com with no luck ( dates of travel thurs feb 15th - 19th 4 nights )

so I broke down the dates and was able to lock in one night, thurs feb 15th, I bid resort style in san juan area starting at 125.00 denied, so I moved my area to dorado which I knew had no resort style rooms and was able to bid a 2nd time at 135.00 and the bid was accepted, taxes and resort fees came to 33.39 for a total of 168.39 for 1 night, I tried to add additional nights but was told there were none at that price,

I still have to lock in 3 more nights?

Star Rating: Resort

Resort Name: Marriott Stellaris San Juan Resort

Area:San Juan

1 Room

Ck in: thurs feb 15th

Ck out: fri feb 16th

Cost: 135.00 + 33.39 taxes

Total: 168.39

Good Traveling

Bat 28

Glad to hear you got at least one nite settled... and thank for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your bidding.

If you'd like help with the balance of your stay please start a NEW TOPIC (so the hotel eventually won can be shown in the topic title, just as this thread currently reflects your Marriott win).

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]