Priceline Hotel: Noobie - Planning DC Trip - 4/30 - 5/3

Hrunk
By Hrunk,
in

Hi all,

Thanks for such an informational site. I'm overwhelmed with all the reading I've been doing tonight.

I'm planning a trip to DC with my wife on April 30th thru May 3rd - 3 nights (we'll be moving on to Reston, VA for a conference for a few nights after).

I'm thinking about Dupot Circle as a good area to try and would like a 4*. We are going to be walking so would like to be near a metro stop and have access to all the normal sites. From reading previous posts, I think that I could get something there for under $100. If anyone has any opinions on other areas, I'm flexible.

Any thoughts on how I should start my bidding? Should I start now or wait till closer to th dates?

Any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks again.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates for your dates are very high, not sure if you're expectation of success at $100 is realistic. What is your maximum bid? Is the Dupont Circle zone the only area you're willing to accept?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if the rates were higher in that data range. I'm willing to change to another area if you recommend it. How does up to $130 sound or should I go much higher? Also, if a 3* might offer a good hotel at a decent rate, I'm willing to try that also.

Thanks for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]