Priceline Hotel: Boutique San Francisco (USW) Warwick Regis

KreGg
By KreGg,
in

I was reading HotWire's Terms and Use and I found this:

h. Hotwire's minimum age requirement for checking into a hotel is 21;

Does this mean that people under the age 21 can't be a guest? Or just the primary guest must be over 21 years old?

For example: I'm travelling with my father. Of course he is over 21 yrs old, but I'm not. Is this a problem?

Thanks.

Hi, I'm new to using HotWire's service and new to this forum.

I was looking for a hotel and found this. It seems like a good deal:

$92

Retail: $186.14

You save: $94.14

51% Savings

Those are the amenities:

Shuttle, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Golf Nearby

I went to the Hotel's list here on the forum and it really seems like Sheraton but I want to know for sure.

Also is this a good hotel? It seems too great to be true hehe

Anyone had problem booking this hotel through HotWire?

BTW, I would stay there from 07/14/07 - 07/21/07.

Thanks for the help.

Does this mean that people under the age 21 can't be a guest?
No, but somebody 21 years old or over needs to be there at check-in.
it really seems like Sheraton but I want to know for sure
None of us can see the name of the hotel either, so you can't know for sure. If you could know for sure nobody would ever book direct (at much higher prices) anymore. Not being 100% certain of the name of the hotel is why you're getting a deep discount. I will say that this is a match for the Sheraton so that would be our best educated guess. If you only want the Sheraton and no other then you should book directly thru the Sheraton website

On the otherhand if you are flexible and want to save some money, then the above can be a good option.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare. I'm new to this world of bidding so I am still learning. I just learned how to bid on Priceline, and I have read some good stories about people getting great hotels way cheaper.

I think I'm going to wait a little more and see if I can do something on Priceline as well.

Thanks for the answers.

Hi, I'm new to Hotwire and Priceline, and I would like to find a 4* in the Union Square East with a reasonable price.

I'm going as high as 130$ as of right now, but maybe a little bit more if that's what it takes to buy a room. But of course, the less the better.

I know it's right in the middle of the summer season so this might be a difficult one. And I need it for 7 days. I might try to split the bids but I would like to test the full 7 days first.

Any help on what I could possibly get? Do you think 130$ (or less) might be able to buy me a room for 7 days on a 4* in SF USE?

I already read and understand about free re-bid zones and I think I got it, so feel free to post like I was a experienced user.

If not on USE, I'm thinking about in the Fisherman's Wharf zone, but that's just if I can't get anything in the Union Square East zone.

Thanks in advance.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Most people bidding the USE zone are also comfortable with the USW zone (and would sooner take USW before Fishermans Wharf)... are you willing to also bid the USW zone? If so, you'll be able to get a lot more bids per bidding cycle.

Let us know and and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry for not posting earlier.

Here is the deal:

I want a 4* in the USE zone. I would like to bid up to my limit on this zone. I will set my limit at 130$, but if this does not buy me a room I will increase it, for about 150$.

Also I have read a lot, and I fully understand the free re-bid things now. I also read about the permutation thing which would get me 7 free re-bids.

I have done some research about the lowest retail prices, on each hotel's own website, and here they are:

From 07/14/2007 to 07/21/2007:

LeMeridien.com: $199.00

Hilton Financial District: $224.10

InterContinental.com: $169.00

Westin St. Francis: $239.00

Mariott.com: $189.00

GrandHyatt: $247.50

(St. Regis) Palace Hotel: $209.00

CliftHotel.com: $245.00

I would split my bid if this gives me a great chance of getting much better prices.

Thanks for the help.

You have three re-bid zones when bidding 4*. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110.

Start with the above. If rejected we'll revice to try again in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck.

Bid History:

Selected 4* USE, Bid 75 U$ -> Rejected

Added Cathedral Hill (Re-Bid 1), Bid 80 U$ -> Rejected

New Bid: USE + Civic Center Area (re-bid 2), Bid 85 U$ -> Rejected

Added Re-Bid 1, Bid 90 U$ -> Rejected

New Bid: USE + South San Francisco (re-bid 3), Bid 95 U$ -> Rejected

Added Re-Bid 1, Bid 100 U$ -> Rejected

New Bid: USE + Re-bid 2 + Re-bid 3, Bid 105 U$ -> Rejected

Added Re-Bid 1, Bid 110 U$ -> Rejected

None were accepted.

I'm also open to splitting the bids if I can't get a good deal. Ideally, it would cost me less than 110 U$ per night.

BTW, I'm using the SavingsBarn.com link.

Thanks for the help thereuare.

EDIT:

I just realized there are 2 major conventions in SF on those dates. One has an attendance of 50000 :)

This will be on 07.17.07 - 07.19.07.

Also the other big convention will have an attendance of 15000. This will be on 07.18.07 - 07.21.07.

This is the site I used to check it: http://www.sfcvb.org/convention/calendar.asp

Could this make it much more difficult for me?

Thanks.

One has an attendance of 50000... This will be on 07.17.07 - 07.19.07.

This is right in the middle of your stay... are you willing to change hotels twice or only once during your stay?

Did you want to try up to your $130 limit before splitting or would you rather split for hopefully a lower price.

I'll also re-iterate my suggestion to considering the USW zone... especially with the large conventions in town.

OK, this is my main plan right now:

I will try right now up until 120 U$. If I can't get anything I will try to split the dates in 2. Let's say, 14/07 - 18/07 and 18/07 - 21/07.

If I still can't get a good price then add USW and try for the full 7 nights. If I can't get anything in the 120 U$ limit, than split the dats with USW and USE.

I'm coming back to edit this post, if I can get it within 120 U$.

EDIT: Hmm I didn't know about the service fee Priceline charged...

So actually a 110 U$ per night bid, goes up to the 130 U$ range...

I think that a limit of 130 U$ is a bit too high... I think I can go as high as 120 U$.

Also, should I buy the 5 U$/night insurance?

Can you help me on building a strategy for splitting the bids in two?

The perfect deal would be less than 100 U$, but I don't know if I will be able to get it.

I think the best thing to do right now is try to split the dates. Do you think I can get those 2 bids for less than 100 U$?

If I can't get anything in the 90s U$ range, I will try with USW also.

Thanks.

Before splitting, you have to ask yourself this...

What will you do if you are only successful for part of your stay? What if you are successful at $100 for part of your stay but then you can't get anything for the balance of your stay up to $100?... up to $120... up to $150?

Did you want to go up to $120 first for the complete stay and then try splitting... or did you just want to split now?

Not sure how well you know San Francisco, and somebody can correct me if i'm wrong, but generally the USE and USW zones are bid together because they're so similar... both are centrally located and close to mass transit. If there is a particular hotel you're trying to avoid that is another story, but as far as each zone goes, i don't think there is much difference between the two (and including both would make your bidding process easier as well as give you more bidding opportunities for each bidding cycle.

Hmm I think the best thing to do is try to bid for the entire stay first. If I cannot get anything, then split the bids.

I went to SF last year, but stayed there just 2 nights. I stayed at the Civic Center, Holiday Inn. I have read some guides and people say to avoid the Tenderloin area, which is near the Civic Center.

Does the USW embrace the Tenderloin?

If yes, then I don't want it. If not, I don't think that will be a problem.

This is the plan:

Bidding up to 120 U$ on just the USE.

If I can't get anything, and USW does not embrace the Tenderloin, then try the USW also.

If there is a risk of being in the Tenderloin area, then try to split the bids on the USE area.

If I can't get a deal there, add the Fisherman's Wharf area, or start looking for a 3* in the USE.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120.

If the above fails, take a closer look at the USW zone... i don't know what is considered "the Tenderloin" area... then let us know if you're able to bid that zone or not.

Thanks thereuare.

I tried to bid again, but it said that I need to wait until 24 hours since my original bid.

That period should end within an hour or so.

Just a few questions:

Should I login on Priceline before bidding? I always log in. But does it make any difference?

Also, when using the Savingsbarn.com link.

I go there, and then just click on the Also Available: Priceline Hotels link, and then just start my bids normally.

Is that right?

Thanks for the help theuare, I will be back with the results in a moment.

Ok, it's open now:

Selected 4* USE, Bid 70 -> Rejected

Added Re-Bid 1, Bid 80 -> Rejected

New Bid: Selected 4* USE + Re-Bid 2, Bid 90 -> Rejected

Added Re-Bid 1, Bid 100 -> Rejected

New Bid: 4* USE + Re-Bid 3, Bid 105 -> Rejected

Added Re-Bid 1, Bid 110 -> Rejected

New Bid: 4* USE + Re-Bid 2 + Re-Bid 3, Bid 115 -> Rejected

Added Re-Bid 1, Bid 120 -> Rejected

:) :)

I took a look at the USW zone, and noticed it does get into the Tenderloin area (although not in the center of it).

I would still prefer in the USE zone, since there are a lot of great hotels in this area, and I think I could not go wrong bidding on that area.

Do you think it will be a waste of effort if I keep on trying the USE zone?

Since I'm more than 5 months from my trip, I have a lot of time to bid. I'm very new on this, I don't know if I might get a chance later?

What do you recommend me to do? Keep on trying on the USE? Or go with the USW and just hope for the best? hehe

Thanks a lot for your help.

Since your stay is 5 months away i wouldn't compromise your preferences at this point.

Regarding the large convention, can you find information about that conference and see the cut-off date for when the conference hotels require reservations by attendees... this may be an indication of when any rooms on hold will be released.

I would reserve a cancellable back-up in the meantime just to cover yourself in case hotels sell-out due to the large conference. Try EasyClickTravel and our BetterChecker to help search for rates.

Keep us updated as to your progress.

The first convention, the one with the 50000 attendance, will be on Moscone Center, and they will start the registration and visitor housing at January 29, 2007. But they don't say until what date they will accept reservation for the convention.

Here is the list of the hotels accepting reservation for this convention:

http://www2.cmrhousing.com/semi_s3/compone..._Hotel-List.pdf

From that list, they say that you have to cancel your reservation until June 29th. Does that mean this is the cut-off date?

And the 15000 attendance convetion will accept reservations until:

"Online registrations will be accepted until February 8, 2007."

So the hotels would have to wait until June 29th to release their "on hold rooms", right?

The second convention will end their reservation period at February 8th. I think I'm going to keep on trying on the USE Zone until this date and up till my 120 U$ limit. If I can't get anything, I might start looking elsewhere.

If you want I can keep on updating this thread with the results of my bids. But this will probably make this a huge thread since I will be bidding daily. Do you prefer that I only update this thread if I win? Or post every bid result?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry for the double posting, but I have read some things about Saturday Night check-in on Priceline.

To make it even worse, I am a Saturday Night check-in customer. I need a rom from 07/14, Saturday, until 07/21.

Anything about this issue? What's the problem with check-in on Saturdays?

Sone hotels, in some cities, don't accept Saturday check-ins... figuring most guests are coming for the whole weekend and renting a room for Saturday only prevents others from booking for the entire weekend (if they intend to sell-out).

I wouldn't make any sacrafices this early as to what you really want, which is one stay for the complete time period.

Update every week or two unless you try anything different from the previous post.

Ok, I decided. I don't have a problem with the USW zone.

So I will start looking for the USW Zone.

I went up to the 130 U$ range today on USE and could not get a hotel. I'm okay with the USW.

May you help me again on a strategy thereuare?

Should I start the bid with both the USE and USW zones?

Thanks.

I'd try as follows (24 hours after your previously rejected bid):

Select 4* USE...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USW...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and USW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130.

Any quesitons feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]