Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (Airport - MCO) Holiday Inn Select

T-weldon
By T-weldon,
in

We are wanting to stay at the Hyatt in MCO on April 10. Our flight arrives at 10:30pm, so this hotel would be perfect.

There are 7 of us.

Mom + Dad + 13yr old

Mom + Dad + 14yr + 12yr

We leave first thing in the morning for a cruise!!!!

So, we want to get two rooms, but make sure they have a cot or pull out or something for the kids - or two beds. You get the idea. We camp a lot and are used to hardships!! So, the floor is an option as well, but we don;t want to lug our sleeping bags for one night.

So, what do you think? For < 9 hours in this hotel, any suggestions? I've never used HOTWIRE before. I'm so grateful I found this board! I'll never pay full price again!!

Thanks in advance, T-weldon :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Ultimately it's a decision that you will have to make... there is some risk involved (with the bedding situation), but since you view it as 'only 9 hours' it seems as if it's a risk you're willing to take.

No matter how you book (Priceline or Hotwire) i would call immediately upon learning the hotel you receive and put in a request for bedding type. This will only be a request which may or may not get honored, as some hotels are more accomodating than others.

Is there a specific date that will can help you with (or are you all set?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are once again a variety of hotels offered, but the 3.5* for $51 (1 room) that WillTravel points out above is different than the 3.5* property that is offered for $58 when you search for 2 rooms.

However, i don't believe that the $58/nite room that i'm seeing is the Hyatt... my best guess is that it's the Sheraton Suites. Maybe this would even be better for your since you could use the extra space and have less of a worry about the greater than 2 occupancy?

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, it looks like the Sheraton. There is no shuttle listed, so I went on the site to see how close it was to the actual airport.

It said on the web site that the rooms are for two people only!? How can this be? If we sowed up with two adults, 2 kids, what would they do?

I'm ready to book through your link savingsbarn.com.

T-weldon

Sounds like that Seinfeld episode where they go the new diner (instead of their 'usual' hang-out) and it says on the menu, "We don't serve egg whites" (which leads to a rant about "who puts that on a menu? How badly do you have to not want to make egg whites to say it on the menu?")

Anyway, what i believe they are saying is that the rate shown on the website (shown at $99/nite) is for 2 adults. If you try the search again but enter 3 adults per room (instead of 2) the rate goes up to $109 and next to the rate is reads '3 adults per room'; enter 4 adults per room and the rate becomes $119 and states '4 adults per room'.

It's not a fire code issue since they do accept reservation for more than 2 in a room (albeit at an additional charge). My guess is that it won't be an issue given that you're a family with kids (just how big are they :) ) and not 2 couples trying to squeeze into one room.

It also states elsewhere on the website that rollaway beds are available, so they should be accustomed to more than 2 in a room.

That's what i think.

Bturner13,

That sounds like a great idea. As for the 2.5*, how can I know it will be Courtyard or Amerisuites when it lists it as a "R" for resort - what does that mean? And, how far are they from the airport.

I would also be willing to try priceline as I no longer feel the need for the Hyatt.

Maybe I'm over-engineering this - I mean GOD, a hoteol for $37 bucks a night!!! I am just concerned about a possible "Resort fee". It would be pretty cool to be at a resort in the morning. I'm playing the "travel agent" for our group, and just am paraniod about making sure everyone is happy. Don;t need any surprises.....

Cheers,

T-weldon

T-Weldon,

Sorry for the confusion. I now see that you are referring to Hotwire and not Priceline. My references are to PL. On PL there are no Resorts in the airport (MCO) zone. Both Courtyard and Amerisuites are very close to airport. And the last time I checked they had shuttles that run late, but call directly to confirm. Just did a quick check and you can get the 2.5* at MCO on Priceline for $36. You have time so low-ball it! Have fun with this and learn alot.

Hope this info has been helpful. Perhaps there are other folks out there with more insight.Please keep us posted on how your bids play out. :)

$26 for how many stars.... the 2.5*?

Did you check how many re-bids you have: PRICELINE TIP: Bidding Again Before 72 Hours (if you're unsure, feel free to confirm the re-bid zones with us before bidding)

If BTurner suggests that it will take a bid of $36 to win in this area (i think that's what he's saying, unless i missed something) then it's ok to start lower, but i would have a gameplan that at least brings me to that price.

Hope this isn't getting too confusing to follow. If you are getting confused (i think i would if i was new to this), just say so and i'll try to explain it further.

Tried $31 dollars for the 2.5* on PL for MCO. No go. Checking all other areas to see if there was a lack of 2.5* (using the rebid before 72hours strategy), but every area has a 2.5* of course.

So, I will wait 72 hours.

I will bid $36 next time.

I am curious about the 2.5* RESORT listed in HOTWIRE. WHat resorts could be in the MCO Airport area? I just want to secure something before it gets to late. I saw the airfare go up as I was researching online for better fares - and couldn't get the lower one I has just 15 minutes earlier!

For other personal trips, I'd be fooling around more, doing rebids, etc., but too many people are counting on me to secure something soon.

Thanks!

T-weldon

P.S. The GRID system explained is pretty clear, but seems to work when trying for higher *'s. I'll use that strategy on future trips.

You do have re-bid zones available.

Try it again, making sure you UNcheck all other zones (except the one you're testing to see if it's a re-bid zone). Please list them here (or PM me) to make sure you have them right and avoid any mistakes.

I think you probably had your original zone checked when you looked at the additional zones. When looking to see if a zone qualifies as a re-bid, the potential re-bid zone should be the only zone with a checkmark next to it.

You got it!! :)

So add a re-bid zone and bid $36,

if rejected add another re-bid zone and bid $38,

if rejected add another re-bic zone and bid $40.

The above is how i would proceed, but if you don't agree with the prices you don't have to follow them... i don't tell people how to spend their money!

For anyone reading this in the future, and you too T-weldon, always check your re-bid zones before bidding to make sure that they are still valid. Hotels can be added/upgraded/downgraded at any time and what is a re-bid zone at this moment may not be in an hour, tomorrow, a week, a month, or a year, from now.

...DO NOT have 2.5*'s or higher

i added 'or higher' to your post above, since if a zone has 2* and 3* hotels (but not 2.5* hotels), it is not a re-bid zone since you can always be upgraded. The quality level you select is the minimum you are willing to accept. I'm pretty sure this is what you meant, but i just wanted to clarify for anyone that reads this now or in the future.

Let us know how it goes.

Added site - Tried $33 - no go

Added site - Tried $36 - no go

Added site - Tried $39 - got Holiday Inn Select Orlando International Airport

Ams Listed:

Remote Control TV with Premium Channels

Telephone with Voicemail

Radio Alarm Clock

Iron and Ironing Board

Hairdryer

Business Services

24 Hour Front Desk

Restaurant

Room Service

Looks like it is listed as a 3 star??

Your Offer Price: $39.00

Number of Rooms: 3

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $117.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$21.57

Total Charges: $138.57

For APRIL 10, 2004

Thanks for all your help!

T-weldon

Congratulations!

Yes, looks like you got upgraded to a 3*. Priceline used to tell you if you got upgraded, but they no longer do.

Website shows 24 hour airport shuttle service so you're all set in that regard.

You should call the hotel now and put in your bidding requests (ie- 2 bids, smoking/non-smoking). I also recommend taking a print-out of your winning bid page with you just in case there are any problems when you arrive (there rarely are... but this helps rectify any issues if there is a problem).

Enjoy your stay and feel free to give us a HOTEL REVIEW when you return.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]