Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Westin Bonaventure

vash
By vash,
in

Hi,

Travelling from Australia. Looking to stay in LA for five nights from the 12th of June to the 16th (checkout on the 17th). Want to be as close to Sunset Strip as possible cause my friend and I are planning on going clubbing etc. (Hyatt West Hollywood would be good).

4 star minimum and have around $150 per room per night to play with (though would rather MUCH cheaper, as this is the first stop in a four week holiday :))

My Amex card is burning a hole in my pocket as we speak...

Cheers,

Darren

Sorry...I want to be around West Hollywood/Beverley Hills. Really only willing to accept this zone at this stage, but if it becomes too pricey I'll look at others. Have budgeted for spending $100 including taxes etc. per night for this leg, but can increase it up to $150 if need be (would look at other zones before doing so, though).

Willing to split the bid, but want to stay in the same hotel over the weekend.

Yeah, I know that I could end up anywhere - that's fine...anything is better than nothing, and I don't plan on staying at the hotel except to sleep :)

Would 4* be possible with a bid of up to $100? Cause that would be nice (but I'm probably dreaming). Failing that I'm happy for anything in the area that is 3* or over for the same price.

Had some time to kill, so I looked up prices for every 4 and 3 star in Beverley Hills/West Hollywood...

Hyatt Century Plaza 4* - $277 (Travelocity)

Beverley Hilton 4* - $221 (hotel website)

Avalon 4* - $259 (from Orbitz)

Park Hyatt not available

Belage (no longer Wyndham, so I don't know if it's included) 4* - $209 (hotel website)

Tower Beverley Hills 4* - ?

Westin Century Plaza 4* - couldn't find it listed on their website

Hyatt West Hollywood 3* - $215 (hotel website)

Crowne Plaza 3* - $175.01 (hotel website)

Couldn't find the Doubletree listed...

So...the upshot is for a 4* I'm looking around $210-$260 p/night, and 3* is $175-$215 based on these rates.

You have 5 re-bid zones available at the 4* level.

Select 4* Beverly Hills - West Hollywood...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

If the above is rejected, you have no re-bid zones at the 3* level.

I'd try a $77 bid to start, but that will likely come up short.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Well after speaking with my friend we decided that Beverly Hills isn't as much a necessity, so we decided to add Downtown to the list. Started off at $80 and increased in increments of $5 until we were finally accepted by the Westin Bonaventure for $95.

Was going to hire a car to get around LA anyway, so we're pleased with this! All that's left for our trip is Miami...

Used Savingsbarn.com...as always...

Congratulations on your win... glad you found a way to make this stay work for your needs.

This property is actually showing sold-out for your dates, so looks like you got a bit lucky on the price and receiving it.

Thanks for sharing and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]