CA San Diego Doubletree Del Mar

hephaestion
By hephaestion,
in

I would say that this is the hidden gem of San Diego hotels. The place is very nice and clean. they have a happy hour between 5 and 7 when all the drinks (wine and beer) as well as all food is $2.

If you have a car, and need a cheap nice place in SAN with this perfect.

Very close to great beaches - 2 miles.

It took me 15 min driving (after the morning rush hour) to get to downtown.

I was able to get it on multiple dates in November and December, as well as extend my stay there.

I would recommend this place to anyone.

• 3 months later...

I thought this hotel was great as well. I agree with everything you said above!

• 10 months later...

Agree with the previous posts. As long as you have a car this hotel is wonderful! It is a little off the beaten path (in a bit of a business/industrial area), but the hotel is beautiful, well maintained, and the staff is tops!!! Priceline was NEVER mentioned... to the contrary upon check in I was asked how many people were in my party (we were traveling with our kids)... they needed to know in order to ensure enough cookies were passed out to my party :) ! About 10 min. after getting into our room we were given a follow-up call (unsolicited) just to see if everything was in good order and if there was anything they could do for us!!! I've paid full price at higher ranked hotels that didn't show this much concern! In fact... about the only thing that keeps this place from getting a 4* designation is the lack of pestering personnel that you'd be expected to deal with (valet parking, bell hops, etc)... for a bargain hunter I'm happy to park my own car (in the abundant, and close free parking) and carry my own bags... it's a smaller property so these extra services aren't really needed anyhow. I'd be happy to be lucky enough to win this property again.

(P.S. It is a perfect location if you happen to be visiting both Legoland and Seaworld... it's just about 1/2 way between these attractions).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]