Hotwire Hotel: New member looking for help

frogshopper
By frogshopper,
in

New to board and trying to determine if a 4* hotel populating in North Scottsdale could be Westin Kierland Villas as this is the same hotel populating under Packages for same dates queried. Amenties are: Resort, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, Hi-Speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Children's Activity Program. Looking to travel 3/21 to 3/28.

Reading through old posts, I noticed that Westin Kierland was a 4.5* but under Packages the Westin Kierland comes up a 4*. Did this change?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Can't say for certain if this is the Westin since we can't see the name either :)... but this is a match for the that property so that would be our best guess. There are a LOT of resorts in this area, and amenities and star ratings do change, but all of these changes are always reflected in our Hotwire Hotel List as soon as we learn of them.

I'd be surprised if this wasn't the Westin, but if you want to play it a bit safer you could make sure this same property appears for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then also appears for the balance. If so, you could purchase the single nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'... if it is the Westin (or another property you're happy with) you can then purchase the balance of your stay; if not make alternate plans for the remaining nites.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make. If you do split as discussed above, please be sure to use our HOTWIRE link to begin each purchase (ie- click the link to go to hotwire and complete your transaction... then return and click the link once again to begin your second transaction)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the quick reply! I have a friend who has had much success with Hotwire in North Scottsdale. The tip he gave me is to look under Packages first and then compare the star rating and amenities to those that populate under Hotels for North Scottsdale. Is that a good way to continue my research? I was thinking it was until last night while searching, I queried for 4/4 - 4/10 and under packages no Westin Kierland Villas but under Hotels for same dates the same 4* star for North Scottsdale came up but again not under packages. Made me more confused?

Also, thanks for the tip about splitting the stay! In other words, I could book the 4* star under Hotels North Scottsdale for one night and then book the remainder if it comes up the Westin Kierland Villas?

Thanks again!

The problem is that not all hotels that participate in the opaque section also participate in the packages section (and vice versa). As well, in the opaque section, HOTWIRE will only show one hotel at each star level within each zone... so even if you 'find' the hotel you want in the vacation packages section, if it is not the least expensive hotel available, you'll never see it in the opaque section of the site.

Yes, you have the idea of splitting the stay correctly, but there is some very slight risk with this as well... 1) two hotels with the same exact star rating and amenities can be available, so although the same hotel seems to be offered for both subset of your dates, you could actually receive two different properties; 2) the same hotel could be offered for both sets of dates, but after purchasing the first date, the hotel may no longer appear for the second set of dates. I would put both of these risks as very low, but it is possible, so you need to be aware of it. Again, if you do choose to split, please be sure to star EACH purchase with our HOTWIRE link.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]