Priceline Hotel: Trying to bid Grand Hyatt for 03/16 - 03/20, Suggesstions?

14Mich
By 14Mich,
in

I'd like to stay in the Grand Hyatt for 03/16 to 03/20. I've tried bidding for 4*

$110 MTE - rejected

$120 MTE, MTW & MTW

I've left it 2 days now, just for good measure, and I'd like to rebid. Can you suggest a good strategy?

Also how much is a reasonable cap for my bids at this hotel and these dates?

I'm brand new to Priceline and just wondering also

What is the risk if you have a failed bid? For instance does Priceline track bids for individual users?

To re-iterate... you can't target a specific hotel on Priceline, but it seems as if you already know this since you added the MTW zone, but it's worth repeating.

There is no harm in a failed bid other than that you have to wait it out 24 hours before bidding again unless you add a zone, lower your star rating, or change your dates.

Rates for your dates above are higher than current 'winter rates' and $120 will not likely be enough. What is your maximum bid? Your maximum bid should be based upon where you'd stay and what you would be paying if you aren't successful with priceline.

Is there a reason you're not including the UM/CPS zone in your bidding?

Lastly, you didn't use any re-bidding zones above... are you familiar with Priceline Re-Bidding Explained?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]