Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown-Convention Center) Hilton Riverside

bpd
By bpd,
in

I was denied on 12/29/6 at 6 PM EST for a 4 star hotel with a stay of 1/2/7 - 1/4/7 in the following locations:

- french quarter for $55

- french quarter + downtown for $65

At 6:45 a friend of mine just booked our 4 star hotel for downtown for $80. We got the Hilton on the river (located at Two Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA). Pretty sweet deal for being 1/2 a mile from the biggest bowl game of the year!

Not sure why four stars was important to you. We paid $40 for a three star on a night with a Saints home game. If it's not your honeymoon, or if you don't need to impress anyone, you can save a bundle with lower star levels.

I've stayed at the Hilton Riverside, and the hotel is very nice, but the room is like any other hotel room. No better than a newer Holiday Inn. The extra stars usually indicate a lot of ammenities that we don't use anyway. Lower starred hotels usually give you a free breakfast (which we can really use), while four star places almost never do. Yes, they have a concierge, and a masseuse, but I can live without them.

Jeff

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]