Priceline Car Rental

Super Cheap
By Super Cheap,
in

In the past, I have used priceline for some car rentals. Now I go to Priceline and hit the Car Rental tab, enter my dates in February and it just gives me prices like I get on Orbitz or Expedia. I can't find anyplace to name my own price in there any place. Am I doing something wrong? The prices on Priceline aren't any better than what is on the other sites. Can you still name your own price for car rentals on priceline or is it just like other travel sites?

Thanks for the help.

Cheap Skier

Look on the screen below the "Search Rental Cars" button, a bit to the right, you'll find an inconspicuous link "Name Your Own Price". Clicking it pops up another window where you would enter your location and dates. Be sure to have pop-ups enabled for Priceline's website.

Thanks for the help.... It must have something to do with the location I am trying to pick up at.

I am looking at something for Eagle/Vail (EGE) in Colorado.

If I put in Denver, it allows for me to name my own price. Never had this happen before. Guess I will have to use what they offer or another link for car rental this trip.

It can mean 1 of 2 things:

1> Eagle/Vail Airport has no Priceline inventory for all/some of the dates you requested, so it therefore does not show the PRICELINE link.

2> Eagle Vail Airport has no Priceline participating rental companies at that location.

After picking a couple of sample days, I tend to believe it is option 2, probobly due to limited rental car availability at a smaller regional airport.

"Name your own price" is not available at all locations, so scenario #2 above is likely what is occurring.

Use our Car Rental Checker to help search for rates. Please also use the links in our Support Page for links directly to the car rental companies if you choose to book direct.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the replies.....

I see that it is just the supply and demand for priceline. Never had that happen before. I just assumed that you could use Priceline any place at any time but if there was high demand, you would only get an offer accepted for something equal to or very nearly equal to the regular offered price.

Learn something new everyday.

Is there any chance that the inventory/availability could change before a ski trip in February?

I hate paying too much for a rental car. I also hate it when they say this type of car is standard for a company and then they give you something crappy that barely fits the definition of the original car.

SC

Is there any chance that the inventory/availability could change before a ski trip in February?

yes, so it is best to make a cancellable reservation and continue bidding.

Rental car descriptions always make me laugh, a full size car could be something that barely fits 4 adults with luggage. I know that minivans are out of style, but when we booked rentals for ski trips, a van always fit the bill...tons of room, and they typically had roof racks for the skis.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]