Hotwire Hotel: Please help identify 2* Brooklyn

BilliamE
By BilliamE,
in

Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Laundry Facilities

I found this hotel for $99/night for the weekend of the NYC marathon (Nov. 4, 2007). I plan on running this year, but don't want to stay too far away from the city. I have a friend that lives in Brooklyn Heights so it would be convenient if this hotel were near that area. Any info. would be helpful.

Unfortunately this property has not yet been identified and i wasn't able to find much that was able to shed some light as to it's identity.

I agree the price sounds good, but as there aren't many hotels in Brooklyn, i'd be a little concerned about what it actually is... especially since you would like to have a good nite's sleep. It's also not an area that i'd want to be located in for remainder of your NYC trip as somar parts are not that nice and to get to Manhattan could get 'bothersome' after awhile.

If you do decide to book it, i'd sooner consider this ony for the 'tough' nites (Marathon weekend) in order to get a cheap room during an otherwise difficult timeframe, then at least you'll know the ID and can decide if it's a location that will suit you well for the remainder of your trip.

If you do choose to take the above for all or part of your stay, please begin your purchase with this HOTWIRE link.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I originally didn't that that you'd have a chance at a 3* within your price range, but i took a quick look at HOTWIRE and there is one 'outlyer' hotel near your price range! There is a 4* hotel (believed to be the W New York) for $129/nite.

Given this availability, do you just want to take this HOTWIRE offer, increase your minimum star rating to a 4* on priceline (and then take this if a 4* fails), or do you still want to try for a 3*?

I'm guessing this price won't last too long, so let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

If you do take the above, please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have one re-bid zone at the 3* level in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW and MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

If the above fails i would grab the 4* on HOTWIRE (and please use this link to begin your purchase).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]