Hotwire glitch?

oshkin
By oshkin,
in

This was very strange. I was researching a holiday in Whistler, BC the first week of Feb. I looked up rooms plus car rentals for that period, and it showed me a 3* hotel deal (with the hotel names and descriptions listed) starting at a total of $582 including taxes, fees, AND RENTAL CAR.

To see if I could get it cheaper without the car, I looked on hotwire under just "hotel," and saw what I'm almost positive is the exact same hotel going for $865 for that period!! That's without the car and without knowing what I'm getting!

So naturally, my devious mind wondered if I could book the more expensive one and get double the difference back, which would make the whole thing cost only $299, unless I'm doing the math wrong.

But will Hotwire give you double the difference on their own offerings? And do they give you double the diff not including taxes?

Any help would be appreciated. I hope I'm not repeating anyone's question.

I doubt they'd give double the difference on their own offerings, and the cheaper price could easily disappear instantly if you buy the more expensive one. Another possibility is that this cheap option is not bookable (that happens now and then, where you click all the way through and it's declined after you click the final purchase button). But if you like the deal, I'd grab it quickly.

The extremely cheap option has been appearing quite a lot recently with hotwire. See my posting in the San Francisco forum for "bidding problems". It hasn't been resolved, and even the hotwire hotline wasn't able to put the booking through. I wasn't surprised to find all the inexpensive hotel offers missing today when I checked again.

From HOTWIRE Terms of Double the Difference Guarantee:

The Low-Price Guarantee also does not apply to rates made available on Hotwire following the customer's booking.

I don't think was intended to used vs. their packages, but i would this would easily cover them to deny such a claim.

What are the actual date(s) and hotel involved?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]