Hotwire Hotel: HELP identify Hawaii Hotels

acecatus
By acecatus,
in

I'm trying to identify the Hilton Hawaiian Village through Hotwire. Currently they show a 4.5 star beachfront resort that seems to be it. However, the listing of ammenties does not include a spa and the HHV does have a spa. There are 8 ammenities listed and I realize there could be more because 8 is the maximum they can show the icons for, however, when I click on to show the hotel's ammenities the spa coesn't show up as an "extra". This listing is currently going for $123. I'm holding a reservation for this hotel with AAA discount comes to $176 per night but I'd like to do better. Has anyone gotten the HHV recenntly and how was it listed?

Could this be Hilton Hawaiian Village? Its currently listed as a 4 star on Hotwire for $123/night. Amenities include--restaurant,pool,fittness center, business center, laundry facilities, children's activities, beachfront, a Resort. No mention of a spa, which HHV has. Could this be HHV? Is it possible they just didn't list the spa?

I'm trying to get the Hilton Hawaiian Village and need some help figuring out how it comes up on Hotwire. From my research, I think it would look like this: Waterfront, 4.5 stars, resort, pool, access to beach, restaurant, spa, fitness center, children's activities, business center. Has anyone found this hotel and what price did you get?

Please look at the complete thread of Hotwire Hotels Hawaii as the last known star rating and amenities for the Hilton Hawaii Village is reported there. If you list your dates of travel i may be able to confirm that the information in that thread is still current (but it could always still be another hotel with the same exact star rating and amenities).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm trying to locate the Doubletree Alana Waikiki. on Hotwire. I'm not sure what star level it is, but its across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village which is 4.5 stars, so the Doubletree must be less than 4.5 stars. I also know the Doubletree is located in the Waterfront location. Amenities include restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center, beach access, tennis and golf nearby, no spa, no self laundry facilities, no kids programs, no oceanfront property. Has anyone found this hotel on Hotwire and how was it listed? What price did you get for it? Thanks!

Acecatus,

I think you are going abut this in the wrong way...

There are hundreds (thousands?) of hotels on the Hawaiin islands; some of which participate with Priceline/Hotwire, some of which don't. Additionally, Hotwire will only show you one hotel per star rating in each zone... so even if they deal with Hotel XYZ you may never see it for the dates you're searching for (and only be presented with different hotels at that star rating)

Therefore, i think it's futile to find hotels you want and then try to figure out what Hotwire would use to describe it, as that hotel may not even participate with Hotwire and/or never be offered to you.

I think your time would be better spent, and we'll be able to help you better in your pursuit, if you do searches for your dates and then try to figure out the hotels that are offered to you (rather than the other way around).

Please don't read any negativity in my message as there is none intended, but i don't think your going to get much help following your current methodology and it will therefore result in increasing frustration.

Just my .02, but you can feel free to comment if you disagree or have a particular reason why you want to continue your current path.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, maybe I am going about it back***wards! What do you think this hotel is on Hotwire:

its in the waterfront area, amenities are--Resort, Beach access, restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center, tennis nearby, self-service laundry. Its going for $84. any ideas what it is? I want this particular area (waterfront) because its not quite as crowded and congested as the rest of Waikiki. Thanks!

Is this a 4* you're looking at that also has an OCEANFRONT icon? (between the Beach Access and Restaurant icons)

If so, it matches what has been identified as the Renaissance Ilikai Waikiki by Marriott. (you can double check this yourself by comparing what you're seeing to the description in the Hotwire Hotel List)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]