Priceline Hotel: Resort Phoenix (North Scottsdale) Westin Kierland

jende
By jende,
in

I am new to bidding, so I could really use some help. I'm planning a trip to Phoenix, and I'd like to use Priceline to book my hotel. I'd like to stay at one of the nicer resorts in Phoenix or Scottsdale. I'm hoping to get something like the Westin Kierland or Hilton Tapatio for about $100 (total with taxes). Should I be bidding with the "resort" designation or "4-star" to have a chance at these hotels?

Also, can someone confirm that the total price given by Priceline will include any resort and/or parking fees? From researching this site, I think Hotwire is currenlty offering Westin Kierland for $83 (they're calliing it a 4.5 star resort). Am I better off jumping on this, or trying Priceline at a slighty lower bid?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As per Priceline (and Hotwire) terms, parking and/or resort fees are not included.

If you list your date(s) of travel and the amenities that Hotwire is showing for the date(s) of your search we can try to confirm the possibility of the Westin Kierland.

The Hilton Tapatio is a resort rated hotel by Priceline. You could try bidding a little lower on Priceline as but then you also take the chance that you'll get something else that may not be a top choice of yours.

Without knowing the date(s) of your stay i can't say whether $83 on Hotwire is a good rate or not but will comment further after you reply.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would use hotwire for this stay if you want the westin because you stand a very good chance of getting the Scottsdale plaza or the radisson if you bid resort in Scottsdale using priceline.The westin is very nice and would be my choice if I was in your shoes.Good-luck!

Here's what Hotwire says for the $87 (the price listed yesterday was $83, but it may have changed because I extended my stay by one day) 4.5 star North Scottsdale resort:

"This hotel features the following amenities:

Resort, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Children's Activities, Laundry Facilities (self-service)"

Now I'm also wondering about another hotel that Hotwire has just added. It's a 4.5 star in Metro Center - Glendale for $70. This is what Hotwire says:

"This hotel features the following amenities:

Suite, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Complimentary Breakfast, Kitchenette, Tennis Nearby

Tennis court(s) within walking distance or a short drive from the hotel."

Any clue what this could be?

My dates are March 6-9. Thanks for your help.

Looking at that 4.5* in north Scottsdale on hotwire,it looks to be the westin resort.If you want to be safe buy the frist night and confirm its the westin.But before you do make sure the other nights are available for your stay when you put in just their dates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]