Priceline Hotel: HELP: Santa Monica/West Hollywood

kttravel
By kttravel,
in

I would be very careful if just bidding 3* Santa Monica/Marina Del Ray as you could end up with the Holiday Inn or Sheraton 4 points, which have had quite bad reviews i've read on the net. Folks typically win these around $65/night plus taxes.

Now I couldn't guarantee this, but based on what i've seen thus far if you bid about $75 per night plus taxes at least twice two of us have been successful on respective sites in advance at getting the doubletree guest suites. The way priceline works, the closest price to the hotel available will win.

Therefore, if Holiday Inn Santa Monica is $63, and Doubletree Santa Monica is $74, both are 3* and you bid $65, you'll get the holiday inn. If you bid $75 you are likely to get the Doubletree and not the Holiday Inn. But I wouldn't add in West Hollywood and keep that bid seperate as it could confuse things if you don't want that area....??

I am anticipating it being more difficult due to Valentine's Day weekend. I did not get anything for $70 at the three-star level in Santa Monica for 2/13-2/15. Nor did I get West Hollywood for $70 at 3*.

I agree that the Doubletree doesn't look that nice. Maybe I'll just up my bid to $85 or $90 and hope I get a 4* in Santa Monica, West Hollywood or Beverly Hills.

This will be my first trip to LA. I really just want a nice hotel in a nice neighborhood. Santa Monica isn't THAT important to me. Is there another good area where I might hae more luck?

Thanks!

Have you thought about Long Beach? Its about 45 min away from Santa Monica( thats with light traffic) but I find the hotels there more reasonable.

You can ask me anything about Long Beach if you want, I just moved to Canada from Long Beach( Yeah, I know, Im crazy)

Crazy in Love. Thats the only thing that made me move.

Happy Travelling, Randi
  • 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]