Priceline Hotel: 4* Myrtle Beach (Myrtle Beach Area) Sheraton Convention Center

corwin
By corwin,
in

Long time lurker, first time poster.

This is the only 4* that priceline and hotwire use in Myrtle Beach (as of right now). I had been bidding on 2 rooms / 2 nights here for about 2 weeks, starting at $40 and bidding up to about $67 using free rebids. All rejected until today (even tried some 3* bids).

Two problems here that might explain why I wasn't successful until today. 1) Saturday checkin. 2) There is some convention at the convention center (Dec3-7 or something) and this hotel is where people are staying.

My backup was the Hampton Inn on the beach, good reviews but $116 (2 rm suite) per night for a suite (I think it's a 3* or maybe 2* property). I was resigned to taking the backup, 48hr cancellation policy so this was my last day to try priceline.

Started at $45, free rebids up to $57 rejected, $61 accepted. $129 at Hotwire.

With taxes it came to about $285, my backup was $245 or so. A little higher, but the seperate rooms and "higher quality" hotel is worth it (hopefully).

Hampton had free parking, free internet, free warm breakfast, free manager's reception ... I think this Sheraton will nickel and dime me to death! I've read it's $5/day parking, something like $12/day internet, and I doubt they have free breakfast.

I guess I'll find out how it goes this weekend :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]