Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Windsor Quality Inn

Randi66
By Randi66,
in

Jan 25th for one night.

I specifically bid 2.5 star because I knew this hotel would come up. I normally bid 3 and stay at Hilton or Radisson but I wanted my dogs to come so I couldnt risk getting the radison. Anyway, the website said free parking and pets allowed. 30$ fee. I call the hotel directly and she said its 10 bucks to park and 50 for a pet. She can kiss my arse.

I called Priceline and they were NO help. I called Quality Inn guest relations and she said and I quote " Complimentary doesnt mean free". Well, honey the last time I looked Complimentary toilitries in the hotel doesnt mean you are billed for them.

Im waiting for the hotel manager to call me back.

Happy Travelling, Randi

Go to the website and print two copies of the page that shows free parking and $30 for pets before they change it (bring one with you, leave one at home).

Show up at the hotel and give a credit card as usual (an American Express card if you have it as i think they're the most consumer friendly). Upon check-out if they charge you for parking and/or too much for your pet, show them a print out from the web and have them make an adjustment. If they refuse to make a change simply tell them that you'll dispute the charge with your credit card company and then let them handle it.

If they say "well you paid with Priceline and may have gotten a hotel that didn't allow pets" explain that you determined to take your pet (and drive your car there rather than mass transit if parking is an issue too) after you won the hotel and saw their policy at their website.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Btw, I got the date wrong, its actually Jan 24th, Saturday night. The manager of the hotel called me back. I wont be charged for parking, and I'll only be charged the 30 dollar pet fee.

I did print out the information from the website though, just in case.

I guess Im better at this lawyering stuff that I thought :)

Happy Travelling, Randi

Hmmmm it would be fun to start a forum topic called ... "your biggest hotel complaints" ... I remember checking out of the Holiday Inn Select in Montreal and being shocked at the phone charges .... after explaining to her that it clearly stated in the room that they were free ... she argued with me about it .... I marched back upstairs, grabbed the placecard from next to the phone which clearly stated "1-800 calls free" and asked her how stupid she thought I was ... also, the hotel tried to charge me additional taxes (GST) beyond the $2/night hotel tax.

On a more positive note ... the hotel itself is magnificent .... it is Asian themed and the entire lobby is made of fountains and walkways .... rooms are very well kept. I believe their webiste actually lists itself as a 4-star.

Another (very recent) complaint ... on the second morning of a three day stay in East Dallas at a Holiday Inn ... the phone rang a few times while I was in the shower ... than a very loud knock at the door ... I went/ran out and answered it dripping wet and a very large security guard told me that I was well past check out and I had to leave the hotel or give them my credit card to be billed ... I told him that I was without a doubt booked for an additional day and would bring a copy down of my invoice after being good and ready.

I got a phone call a few minutes later explaining Priceline had made the mistake and sent them the wrong check out date hmmmm looking back, a nice "complimentary" :) fruit basket would have been nice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]