Priceline Hotel: Bidding Assistance Ft. Lauderdale Airport (FLL) 3*

Bob7
By Bob7,
in

Thx for your other tip about FLL Hollywood having a Resort class.

Ready to bid for a 3* FLL airport Friday March 9, just wanted to check that my only free re-bid area is Maramar with no stars above 2.5? (What happend to you Troy in the other post? ... you should be in on this too.) Nice $65 win posted recently at the Sheraton, and on a Fri! Last minute tho', not like mine.

-Bob

Rates are very high for this nite, but since you have time you can try:

Select 3* Airport...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75.

Repeat the above every 24 hours, incrasing each bid by $5 each time.

If the above ulimately fails, HOTWIRE does have a 3* for $129/nite which doesn't seem too bad considering the prices i saw for hotel direct rates, and may imply that a little bit more may just do the trick on priceline.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip. I had to give up on HW because their area is too big, it includes both the airport and Hollywood, and we can't get stuck down in Hollywood. I wrote HW customer service about this problem and they replied that they had to include Hollywood because their hotel partners wanted more anonimity, they felt if the area was just airport people would be able to figure out too easily which hotels are being used. I felt like saying "just go on BB and there will be no doubt which ones are being used!" but instead I replied that PL had an area for just the airport, why couldn't HW, they were losing cruise and flight customers, and I got no further reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: bid $95 for 3* airport only, rejected. Added 2.5* and rebid $105, rejected. I have a cancellable Ramada booking for $139 w/ breakfast and airport and ship shuttles, so I won't bid PL much higher than the above. It might be heavily booked that weekend b/c it's the start of the spring break for Ontario Canada.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]