Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Tampa (Westshore-Airport TPA-South) La Quinta

belgo
By belgo,
in

No takers for $50 for the night. Hotwire has a 2.5 * for $59 (Shuttle, Bkfst, pool, internet), a 2* for $39 only (Internet only--I wonder what that might be??), or a 3* for $69 (shuttle pool). I'm scratching my head as to whether to go for a 2.5*. I'm not sure what Priceline would come up with. From this site, it seems as if Hotwire's deal is probably LaQuinta Inn, which seems fine. It's just for the night, so I don't need anything fancy--just clean and comfortable.

I went up to $52, when I got an offer to increase my bid by $15, and then I bid $54, which was turned down. I then tried 2.5* for $45, and that was turned down as well. I used the Savingsbarn link. I have a $10 off coupon from the Entertainment Book, so I just went for the 2.5* on Hotwire, which was, indeed, the LaQuinta Inn, which is a well-reviewed property. So I ended up getting the La Quinta for $59 + $13.20 - $10 = $62.20. The retail price is listed, depending on the website, $68 (Expedia) or $85 (Orbitz), plus tax, of course. The amenities listed were, as said previously, Shuttle, Breakfast, Pool, and Internet. I was unable to use the direct HOTWIRE link because of my coupon, but, hey, I'm allowed once a year, aren't I? :)

I was unable to use the direct HOTWIRE link because of my coupon...
Actually, the site you're asked to use in order to use coupon offered thru the Entertainment Book is not an affiliate link/site; therefore, if you click our own HOTWIRE link before going to the designated site we should still (likely) great credit. :)

Glad you found something that should work well for your needs and budget.

Thanks for sharing it with the rest of the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]