Priceline Hotel: 2* Northern VA (Airport Dulles IAD) Candlewood Suites Herndon

andyrewne
By andyrewne,
in

I just need a hotel for one night near dulles airport.

This morning I put a $35 bid for a 3* and was rejected.

Added 2.5* for $35 & was also rejected.

This seems pretty low for the star levels, but the board history seemed to suggest I was in the ballpark.

I've never stayed in a priceline 2* and don't know if that is a dump or not. However, I suppose in this instance, price is more important than quality of the hotel.

Thanks for your help.

This seems pretty low for the star levels, but the board history seemed to suggest I was in the ballpark.

I see very few winning bids in this zone at $35 or less, but i see plenty of examples of successful bids at higher levels... are you sure you're looking at wins in this zone?

What is your maximum bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare. I was looking at some bids from August at the Holiday Inn - see below::

3* Northern VA (Airport Dulles IAD) Holiday Inn

$40 ... 8/18/06 - 8/20/06

So, maybe I was bottom feeding a bit at $35, but I wasn't sure where to start. I think I'd like to spend $60 max (including Priceline's fees). So a $50 max bid I guess. What do you think about that?

At the 3* level you have four re-bid zones available... two re-bid zones at the 2.5* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

If you're willing to go up to your maximum for a 3* before trying for a 2.5* i'd start as follows:

Select 3* IAD Airport...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $44, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $47, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50.

If you just wanted the least expensive 2.5* or better (and aren't willing to pay a little more for a 3* property) then post back and we'll revise the above accordingly.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Let us know how it goes or if you want an alternate strategy for 2.5*.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Select 2.5* IAD Airport...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* IAD Airport and re-bid zone2...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $45.

Let us know how it goes, good luck.

Hey thereuare -

I decided for the cheap route (2.5*), and haven't won a bid yet.

Interestingly, at $38 PL offered a 'free' rebid for $11 more, I declined

then at $40, they offered a 'free' rebid for $12 more, I declined

then at $43, they offered a 'free' rebid again for $12 more. I again declined

I may have looked incorrectly, b/c I didn't find anymore free rebids. (i had already made one at $35, so perhaps I already exhausted them all)

So, I thought I'd regroup, seek some wisdom and try again.

Thanks for all your help.

24 hours after your last rejected bid, i would try as follows:

Select 2.5* IAD Airport...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $46, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* IAD Airport and re-bid zone2...

Bid $47, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $48.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]