Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Hilton Times Square

GAME
By GAME,
in

Your current bids up to $140 for these dates will not be enough as it is the beginning of one of the busiest times in NYC.

Do you have a back-up reservation anyplace? If so, where and how much?

What is your maximum bid?

I think you should seriously consider other midtown zones as well as a more realistic maximum bid. If you're not successful with the opaque suppliers, where will you stay and how much will it cost?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is your maximum bid?
(3rd time)

For the typical tourist MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS should all be fine at the 4* level. At the 3* level the previously reported Millenium UN in the MTE zone is a bit east, but still not too far of a walk to mass transit (can even take a public bus to the subway). When bidding gets difficult due to high demand, like for these dates, adding the MTS zone is also recommended. Have you seen/read the Priceline NYC Zone Descriptions thread?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To suggest a strategy we'll first need to know if you're willing to add other zones... otherwise you may end up paying more than you need to.

As i have often said elsewhere on the board, just about any midtown location is 'good' for the typical tourist as NYC mass transportation is readily available and fairly inexpensive.

To clarify what you have already tried... you have not bid for 3* hotels yet?

Did you first want to go up to your maximum bid ($230) for a 4* hotel, and then if not accepted, try for a 3*... or did you want the least expensive "3* or better" you can get?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

a couple of days ago i bid on 3* and 4* both in MTW and UMT

maxing at the $210 not 230 dollars sorry mistake

I do prefer a 4* but if i go for a 3* plus would i get the hotels that have real small room thats the only thing. but as i am desperate for a good quality hotel for 6 nights any recommendations would be good

By the way anyone else struggling goto travelzoo.com and click on new york the shoreham have a special price on selected dates $199 a night check the link out

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/new-york-hotels/255690

admin please remove if i am not allowed to post the link above

i have booked 3 nights so far at the SHOREHAM as thats all i can have so i want to get 6nights in one place through priceline

hopefully otherwise i will book another as a backup in next couple of days then keep hoping for priceline

at least i have a backup

I am interested in all Midtown areas now i can go for bidding upto $210 4*, if i can base the strategy on this

if you think i might be better off including 3* then i will go with that.

cheers

cheers

You can try as follows:

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTS...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTS...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select MTW and UM/CPS and MTE and MTS...

Bid $210.

If the above fails, you may want to loop thru it all again for just the three nites you can't get at the Shoreham.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

You need to know how to check your re-bid zones yourself as they should be checked before every bidding cycle.

If you need help with the concept, list each zone within NYC and the highest star level available in each zone, using this technique from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

as to priceline order

the below all have 4 star zones apart from uws this is classed as a rebid zone is that right

DT-soho

MTE

MTS

MTW

UES

UMT-CPS

UWS

MTW UM/CPS MTE MTS i am interested in but if i use DT as a free rebid i might end uo with a 4star in that area

thats what i dont understand is that a freebid zone

Next to each zone list the highest star rating hotel in that zone (using the technique above).

We've done this hundreds times, so you will understand it when by the time we are thru, but please take the steps outlined above, even if they seem trivial (and because you have a mistake in one of your zones above) :)

higheststar

DT-soho 4

MTE 4 x

MTS 4 x

MTW 4 x

UES 3

UMT-CPS 4 x

UWS 3

x marks the areas i am interested in

does this mean my rebid zone say is UWS as its a 3 star and UES

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...(uws) is that right

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...(UES) is that right

and you use these on each rebid

Yes, you have your re-bid zones correct... but also note that the highest star rating in UWS is only 2.5*. So it is indeed one of your re-bid zones, but make sure you see this zone as having a high of only 2.5* just to confirm you understand how to check :)

Now onto the bidding....

GOOD LUCK!

Yes, Downtown is not a re-bid zone... if you include it you could end up there.

You can bid again every 24 hours, unless you change your dates at which point you can bid again immediately.

It's "far" from midtown in the sense that you wouldn't want to walk it (4 or 5 miles)... but mass transit in NYC is very good, and you can be in midtown in 15-20 minutes via subway; but you do lose that "NYC feel" as it gets quiet at nite. Depends really what "attractions" you want to see and do.

Your rate at the Shorehams is a good one... i would be included to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID and try for another hotel for the balance of your stay; but it's not my trip so you'll have to decide of that's something you're willing to do (at present it sounds as if you'd rather not). While some view moving hotels mid-trip a 'hassle', it also provides the benefit of seeing/staying in a different part of the city.

Just my .02.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]