Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre

BUTTERFLY_SM
By BUTTERFLY_SM,
in

Over the last few years I have booked a number of Hotwire rooms, either for myself or friends. I have only run into the occassional problem, usually being that I need a room with 2 beds but it isn't available...I have never encountered a problem like the most recent.

I booked my boss a room at the Sheraton Center Downtown Toronto, as I have before, expecting a standard room and the exceptional service which usually comes from their staff. She checked into the hotel, got her key and went to the room and opened the door to a "Parlor" room (the center of a 3 room Suite), which included a large dining table, pull out couch, bar, the works minus the bed. Nowhere on the Hotwire website does it specify that if there are no Standard rooms available you will receive a pull out couch with a 1" mattress...So although she had enough room to accommodate a party of 25, she had nowhere appropriate to sleep! After speaking with a number of people, including the Manager, and after being offered a cot to sleep on, she was provided with a regular room. My thought is why she was given a "Parlor" room in the first place and not a regular room and only received this after a huge hassle!

I was very disappointed and called the hotel as soon as I learnt of this situation and was told that in the future, after I make my booking on Hotwire, to call the hotel and specify which type of room I would like to have and will not encounter this problem. I hope that no one else has encountered a problem such as this and that it will not happen again.

Overall, the staff and the lady I made my complaint to, handled this situation quite nicely and she received complimentary breakfast as well. So although you may be booking a 4* hotel, you may not get 4* accommodations...which should not be the case. :)

Can you please add the date(s) of the stay, price paid (per nite before taxes and fees), and amenities shown before purchase... all of this can still be viewed by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]