MN Minneapolis-St Paul Hotel Sofitel

pomcoach
By pomcoach,
in

We stayed here for a winning bid of $60 on Sat. Nov. 8, '03. It was very very nice. No peeling wallpaper or any other problems. We checked in a few hours early with no problem. There was a doorman, but he mysteriously disappeared when we tried to get in the revolving door with our luggage. The silly door wasn't revolving and we were all 3 pushing it and juggling our luggage. We were probably a pretty ridiculous sight.

We checked in at the desk. I could tell both clerks could speak fluent French and English. They both had French accents. We were offered our choice of 2 double beds or a King with a roll-a-way bed at no charge. We went with the King, and the roll-a-way was very high quality. The room was large and there was plenty of space for the roll-a-way. We were given a room on the top floor.

The room was elegant and beautifully decorated, and oversized with huge windows. Everything looked new and in great condition. My husband thought the beds were a little hard, but I had no trouble. The bathroom had 2 sinks and a fresh flower. Really nice French ammenities in larger containers than you usually find in a hotel. Good water pressure in the shower and good lighting for make-up. We each had a white Terry Cloth Bathrobe. We called for more towels and a water glass. I kid you not, anything we asked for arrived within 5 minutes, and they always brought more towels or more glasses than what we asked for. All the staff could not have been more friendly!

We spent all our extra time at the Mall of America, so didn't spend much time in the hotel. When we departed in the morning, my husband stopped off at the bakery and purchased several treats that were unbelievable! One was a fresh fruit tart that had the best pie crust ever!!, with sugar glazing over the top! Oh my gosh! Go to the bakery! It was heaven!

All in all, we were VERY pleased for $60. I know this hotel will be our favorite for the Minneapolis area.

Pomcoach :)

Our bid was accepted for Jan. 10, 2004 a Sat. night for 2 rooms at $50 each. Sofitel put us on the 3rd floor, room 304 and 309, very near the construction noise. I did not know what the noise was, until we found a letter, apologizing for the noise and saying it would continue every day, even Sunday, from 9 A.M. to 6 P.M.

We could not even stand to be in the room, and could only think of getting out and going to Mall of America, or anywhere, just to get out of the noise. We stopped at the desk and asked about the horrible vibration and noise. Not only was it just loud construction noise, but sounds like a huge animal growling! Ha Ha!

The clerk disappeared behind the door, probably to ask if the poor Priceline customers could be treated any better. She moved us to the other side of the hotel and a floor up, room 464 and 468. Absolutely beautiful, bigger, 2 double beds, and with a bidet! But most of all we never heard a sound all night or morning, and slept in until 10!!! Now that's hard to do in a normal hotel.

Lesson learned: It often pays to ask, and never hurts.

Pomcoach :)

• 7 years later...

This hotel was an excellent win for our wedding anniversary trip. We hadn't bid or stayed at the Sofitel prior, but know this area, as we've stayed across the street at the Sheraton many times through Priceline.

On our way to the Cities, we called ahead to ask about early check-in and to request a king room. The person on the phone advised it would be an additional $10 per night to be upgraded to a "Deluxe King", which I thought was a great deal since I originally won by bidding $55 per night. We were also able to check-in early, about 1:30 pm. The staff was very accommodating our whole stay.

Our hotel room and building overall was very nice. The hotel was very quiet on the weekend we were there. The best part was when we checked out, the person helping us wished us a happy anniversary, and advised there wouldn't be an additional charge for the upgrade to a "Deluxe King" room. An excellent gesture from the hotel, I thought.

This is one of our new favorite hotels in the Minneapolis/St Paul area, and we would definitely stay there again, using the betterbidding PRICELINE link of course. This is a big step up from the Sheraton. If you are looking at the Bloomington West area, and don't need a pool, try this hotel, as it's the only 4* in the zone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]