Priceline Hotel: San Francisco 12/30-1/01

mustangmonica
By mustangmonica,
in

Hi there,

I just tried bidding at the 4* level for a room in San Francisco. My bidding strategy was as follows

$85 USE

$90 USW

$95 SSF

$100 CCA

$105 CH ...... no dice :)

I tried closing out the brower and rebidding but that didn't seem to work for me. Does hitting the back arrow the same as closing out the browser completely? I guess I am still a bit confused even though I've read and re-read the posting on rebidding.

Am I bidding too early and too low for these dates?

Thanks!

Monica

This stay includes New Year's Eve, which is a busy nite at most hotels. Higher occupancy means higher rates, which also means that a higher than usualy bid is probably necessary as well!

Do you have any preference among the above zones OR is a hotel in any of those areas acceptable? (ie- would you be willing to pay more for a hotel in the USE or USW zones... or the least expensive 4* hotel in any of those 5 zones is sufficient).

I don't know your plans, but would the Wharf zone work for you as well? That may be the least expensive zone in the area for these dates.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey there,

I just (as in 15 minutes ago) had a bid of $82 accepted at the Hilton Financial (USE) on Kearney for 12/29-1/1/07. I am stunned! I've been trying for about two weeks with no luck. In fact, I've bid higher before.

I don't have all of my bidding history. But, mostly I've been starting around $75 or $80 and increasing by a dollar each time. I usually start with USW, then add USE. Then I'll add Catheral Hill and Civic Center and lastly South SF. I do not include Fisherman's Wharf.

Today I bid $81 for USW. That was rejected but they suggested that I could rebid by adding $22. I declined and changed the zone, adding USE and bid $82. That was accepted. Go figure.

The Hilton there is quite a nice hotel. I stayed there once before and was very impressed.

I hope that helps a bit.

spinner3, please also post your win as a NEW TOPIC so that others scanning the forum topic titles will be able to benefit from your win.

The nite of 12/29 is nearly half the price of the other nites of the above stay, so i suspect that nite brought down the average nightly rate enough to make your bid in the $80's accepted while the OP was rejected at amounts higher than that. It's also possible that opaque rates have changed in the last few hours or that the hotel is seeking a minimum stay length for the holiday.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have three re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USW and re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and USW...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and USW and re-bid zone3...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]