Priceline Hotel: 4* Detroit (Airport DTW) Westin

Willow Branch
By Willow Branch,
in

$70.00 was my first bid & was accepted. Thank you to the person who had just gotten this hotel last week for $70.00, so that is why I had started at this amount! I had 3 re-bids but not much time as I was bidding for the same evening, so I just started at $70.00--did not have the time to see if $65.00 would have worked.

Yes, I bid through Savings Barn!

Willow Branch

Congratulations on your <quick> win!

Thank you for sharing it with the board and for starting your bids with the priceline hotel links at SavingsBarn.com

I've added "Westin" to the topic title as i assume that this is the hotel you won, can you please confirm?

Thanks, and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

YES, it was at the Detroit Airport Westin location; sorry, thought that I had included that!!! :)

I do have a question, don't know if this is the correct place to put it or if you would prefer it in the "Off topic: Run of the House".....feel free to move it if you wish.

I bid the $70.00 as I had posted--actually for a friend. After I had won this hotel, my friend wanted me to try & get another room as their teen-age son had decided to come along VERY LAST MINUTE!! I closed out of Priceline & then started the entire process all over again! When I tried to bid again, (which was literally 5 minutes later at the MAX--probably more like 3 minutes), Priceline kept telling me that I had already gotten a hotel for this same night & same location (I do NOT remember their exact wording!!!!!!!!!) & then something like "try again". I bid up to $85.00 & it just kept rejecting me with this same answer!

Now, my question to you is this...did the Priceline rooms just happen to be gone when I tried to bid the 2nd time, & I was lucky to have gotten their last room the 1st time around? Or, was Priceline just so confused that I had bid again for the same person, the same area, the same date & the same credit card, that it just couldn't do it???

They ended up just getting a rollaway for their son because my bidding just wasn't working!

This would be really helpful to know .

THANKS!!

Willow Branch

The message is usually just a "warning" to make sure that you know you already have an existing reservation for that nite.

If you did continue on with the bidding and were rejected, it was because there we no longer rooms available at the amount of your previous win. (somebody has to get the last room available :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]