Hotwire Hotel: Help re LA stopover 11/10/06

slazman
By slazman,
in

We are travelling over to LA on Friday 10th November. Driving over in the morning to see our Daughter compete against UCLA on Friday afternoon.

We need a stopover before we head back to Phoenix on Saturday morning via I10.

Any advice regarding finding a nice room (3 or 4 star) for two without having to navigate too far around LA so we can get back onto the I10 early Saturday morning?

You have no re-bid zones available at the 3* level when bidding Brentwood/Westwood, nor much time to try bidding again... what is the best rate you've found outside of priceline or HOTWIRE?

If you tried and failed, would the Beverly Hills/West Hollywood area also work? (where we see more bidding and probably lower prices as well)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think this is how i would play this...

Select 3* Beverly Hills/West Hollywood...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Brentwood/Westwood (so that you're only bidding Brentwood)...

Bid $100, if rejected add Beverly Hills/West Hollywood...

Bid $120.

If the above is rejected then you can take the 3.5* on HOTWIRE (or we can try to identify it for you if you'd like to have a guess before purchasing).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I guess we need to close this one off now we are back in the UK.

Unfortunately due to limited Internet access and lack of time we didn't see this one thorough and ended staying in a roadside motel :-( Also I read up on the non-US thread but Priceline UK only seemed to do European destinations - I am sure that I have used this to book New York before and will investigate further while still fresh in mind.

Our time in the US wasn't too well planned and resulted in us not getting the best accomodation - lesson learned here - plan well ahead (at least know the strategy we need to employ).

Anyhow, we still had a good time, although experiences of LA traffic were not a 'high point'!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]