Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* London (Mayfair-Soho) Waldorf Hilton

dirtnap101
By dirtnap101,
in

4.5 stars with Amenities: Restuarant, Fitness and Business.

Booked tonight on Hotwire, with all taxes it's actually about US$170/night but lowest rate found on Hilton website was US$350 (prepaid, too), so Hotwire got me more than 50% off the lowest rate :)

Thought about trying to get a Mayfair-Soho 4* on Priceline for less, but it just wasn't worth the hassle. I now have air and hotel booked/prepaid and so I will be picking out some travel insurance in the next few days. Air is from NY via Virgin economy, chosen almost exculsively due to the Airbus 340-600 used on the roundtrip, as it has a 2-4-2 seat configuration and my wife and I can sit together without anyone on top of us.

Some mixed reviews for this property on TripAdvisor, and if I was used to staying in $400/night hotels I might get upset as well (both because of price paid and people who shell out that kind of $$ for a hotel room tend to be a bit high-maintenance). But for 50% off and with my usual hotel experiences being of the Comfort Inn variety, I doubt I will be complaining.

Seemed like a good time to go, right before Easter, daylight savings kicks in on the 25th, Winter is getting to be over around that time (I hope).

Stupidly I forgot to book through the betterbidding.com link, so I made up for it by making a Paypal donation to the site (upper right corner). Without this site I never would have known it was the Waldorf Hilton and thus never would have booked, so thank you all!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]