MO St Louis Crowne Plaza Downtown

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

As a Priceline or Hotwire customer, I accept that I may be given a less-desirable room. So I was prepared to get a room facing the wall of the building next door. But when I walked into my room on the 26th floor and looked out the window, I found the Arch staring me in the face, almost close enough to touch, with the Mississippi river running below.

The room was small but good enough for a short stay. Unremarkable and worn furnishing. The a/c didn't work well, couldn't be turned off or adjusted; it was too hot in the room. In a year or two, this place will be worn enough to turn into a Holiday Inn Select.

Bathroom a bit small. Hair dryer and the usual amenities.

The room had a work desk; coffee maker; two phones on one line, high-speed Internet - $9.95; local calls - $.75, no charge for 800 calls.

Free USA Today at the front desk.

The bar in the lobby has good burgers and salads.

Parking was $8.

No additional charges by the hotel.

• 4 years later...

Well located hotel in downtown St. Louis. Parking is $10 per day with in and out privileges. Front desk staff is friendly. The rooms are absolutely huge, almost as if they tore down the wall between two rooms. The basic room is of old vintage but the bathrooms are nicely updated. Big kitchenette in the room with full sized sink, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee/teapot. Beds and pillows are great. St. Louis Bread Company (Panera) is two blocks away and is a good choice for breakfast and/or lunch.

Elevators can be slow when the hotel is full. Heating system is ancient; the fan is constantly on and there is no thermostat, just a turn valve that doesn't seem to respond. Restaurant is overpriced, but there are many choices nearby. Priceline rates this as 3.5 stars; I'd rate it at 3 based on the heating system.

• 2 years later...

got this under the 3.5 stars...that is definately a stretch!

it was a $45 bid. the room was HUGE and a great view, but that is where the good parts end. bathroom was dirty, not enough towels and no shampoo. had to call security twice for a party on our floor at 2 AM that they were not dealing with.

parking was $10 with in and out priviledges...walking distance to the arch and busch stadium

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]