Extending rental period after winning bid...

eiloo
By eiloo,
in

Has anyone kept a car for more than the time period you paid for via Priceline? I was thinking of adding an extra day to my rental but had already completed the rental on Priceline. Is there a possibility of adding the extra day at the counter before picking up the car?

What if I were to just keep the car for an extra day? Would there be an extra fee on top of the then chosen daily rate? I understand the cost of the extra day wouldn't be the amount that I bid on at Priceline... (thought I wish it were.)

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Welcome!

You would be charged at the rental company's prevailing rate.

If your rental company extends your rental, be aware that any extra hours or days will be charged to you at the rental car company's prevailing rate, over and above what you paid priceline for your rental. Additional taxes, fees and surcharges will also apply.

These charges vary by the rental company that accepts your request and are payable directly to the rental company. Charges for additional days will be clearly spelled out on your rental agreement and you are often required to initial by them when you pick up your rental car.

I have no problems paying the extra daily rate... but would it be an extension of my current reservation or are they going to rebill the whole time period at that new rate and then apply what I've already paid to that new price? I guess it's probably better that I work it out with them at the counter prior to leaving as opposed to just keeping the car the extra day and then paying a penalty in addition to the daily rate.

The 'new' rate will only apply to the extended part of your rental.

You can (and should) confirm with them at the counter, but you are 'hostage' to them for their current daily rate for the extension of your rental, so it's usually a better idea to rent for the full period you'll be needing the vehicle.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]