Priceline Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Downtown) Renaissance

VeronicaH
By VeronicaH,
in

Hi, I've been trying to use priceline for the first time.

We need to stay 1 night on 1/5/07 and were looking to stay very near the Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. I would be happy with the Renaissance 4* or the 3* Grande or 3* Embassy Suites. All in the downtown section.

I just tried bidding $100 for 3 or 4 star downtown. Rejected.

I was reading about the rebidding and added Pompano Beach and upped my bid to $125. I figure it was a big jump, but I was hoping that it would work. It didn't. Rejected.

I think my only rebid zone to add left is Miramar.

Is there a reason mine isn't getting accepted? Am I too early, too late? To low in price for the area? I didn't want to bid again without some guidance. Am I even doing this right?

Thanks.

Veronica

the Embassy Suites is $299 and the Renissance is $259 for your dates of travel. However, it appears that HOTWIRE has a 4* best value for $112 with the following amenities: Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby. It appears to be the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel. I also checked Hotwire packages and it this hotel also appears with the same amenities. The zone is Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades. Good Luck!

I don't know why you haven't won the Renaissance yet as it is showing available on HOTWIRE for $112 when I search for 2 adults.

If that price is acceptable I'd just buy it from HOTWIRE but make sure you use the link to support this site.

The Renaissance is the 4* hotel in the downtown zone that has these amenities showing:

Hotel Amenities

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

you can confirm that it's the Renaissance if you do a search for a package with a car & hotel.

(I type too slow)

I assume you are catching a cruise ship. Hopefully, you booked the 4* @ 112 bc its up to 134 today. If you want a nicer hotel/cheaper price, you could stay at a 4* near Miami Airport for $89 . Another alternative is to book a cancellable back-up now and keep bidding. I tend to get my best rates about a week out; however, I've seen some really good deals a year out. I was curious about NYC for New Years and there were some really good rates.

Good Luck

Unfortunately, no... :) I'm a Mom to 2 kids under 5, so time online can get scarce. The only thing available on my date is a 3.5 star for $189 with Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, high speed internet access.

Any idea what that one is?

And yes, we're taking a cruise the next day. I'm looking for someplace very nice as we very rarely get away from the kids, but would like to avoid spending over 300 a night!

Veronica

Didn't want to take a chance on the Hotwire 3.5 star if no one knew what it was, so I bid at Priceline $150 on 4 star downtown again and didn't get it.

Hubby's getting anxious about us having a hotel, so I said what the heck and bid $200 downtown FLL on 1/5/07 and got the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale. Not as fabulous a deal as was offered a few days ago on hotwire, but a much better price than the $379 that was everywhere else. And now I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Veronica

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]