Priceline Hotel: Need help finding a affordable 3* or up hotel in NYC on 11 nov

CrackJack
By CrackJack,
in

Hi, this is my first post here and I have never used priceline or hotwire for travel reservations so please bear with me as I am a complete noob. I am trying to book a 3* or above hotel in nyc for 11th of this month for a cheap price. All hotels that I see are $300 or above. Could someone please assist in telling me how to get something cheaper and also the steps I need to take to book it. Thx so much.

I think you will have a tough time getting anything in NYC with your budget. HOTWIRE has a 3* for $259 Downtown-SoHo area with the following amenities:

Suite, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed, Internet Access

This appears to be the Embassy Suites, considering the Free breakfast, this is a good deal for your dates. To achieve your budget, you may need to consider New Jersey. Will you have a car?

I agree with Dahammer, prices are high for your dates. But if you want to give priceline a whirl... before you start bidding look at the pinned hotwire hotel list for 3* properties. Some of the hotels (The Paramount and Hudson come to mind) have very very small rooms, just big enough for a bed. Also remember priceline guarantees sleeping only for two people which in NYC often means one bed.

You can pick a zone you like, such as Midtown East, and bid $150, then if rejected add another zone such as Midtown West (so you are bidding on two zones) and up your bid amount by $10. You can keep doing this until you run out of acceptable zones or you reach your maximum.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]