Double the difference?

duncan
By duncan,
in

I Hotwired a hotel in Toledo Ohio today and decided not to take it. Later in the day Hotwire emailed me trying to get me to take it. It was 39 bucks a night for 5 nights, 195 dollars. But the price also had 199 dollars and change in "taxes recovery and fees." So the hotel which is being advertised on the same page(!) as "60/night, you save 21/night", would cost me nearly 80/night.

I'm wondering if the double the difference would apply to the entire cost? It seems pretty shady to offer a hotel for 39/night and then add 40/night in "fees" and call it a deal while pricing it 30+% higher than the hotel itself would charge - how ridiculous! :)

See the terms:

The Low-Price Guarantee from Hotwire is available to any customer who books one or more room nights from Hotwire and finds a lower total pre-tax rate for the same hotel and the same dates (based upon average cost for entire timeframe of hotel stay) from any other source within 48 hours following the customer's booking on Hotwire. The Low-Price Guarantee will be available for hotel bookings made on Hotwire on or after January 3, 2002.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]