WI Milwaukee Best Western Midway Brookfield

hannahb352
By hannahb352,
in

I called the hotel about 4 days before arriving to confirm my room and request a non-smoking, 2 bed room. I was going to be staying over a Sunday night which is usually a pretty low volume night at hotels and the request was fulfilled. This hotel is aging, everything is really dark woods and kind of dingy. The hotel feels like the 80s. The pool was a nice size with a whirlpool also, but the whirlpool was out of order for cleaning/chemical treatment. The hotel looked a little messy for lack of a better word. I noticed signs in the elevator that the weekend before they had had a large Family Halloween Celebration package and I think they were still trying to recover from that. The room itself appeared clean although I did find someone elses socks under my bed when checking to make sure I didn't leave anything behind :) There was an unusual smell too, like a huge party had taken place there recently and they sprayed a little air freshener to try to cover it up. I opened a window to let some fresh air in and if you have children beware. I was on the 3rd floor and my window opened really far and there were no screens. Very unsafe an adult could have easily fit out the opening. There is lots of free parking at the hotel as well as a free continental breakfast in their restaurant. You can also use your free continental breakfast coupon towards the purchase of their full buffet which we did choose to do and it was $4.80 per person with the discount. I'm kind of undecided about this hotel. It wasn't horrible and it wasn't wonderful either. The only friendly staff member we encountered was our waitress, so I think that really was what stuck out the most. After being on the road at serveral different hotels this one just seemed unfriendly and cold compared to the others. I much perfer the Country Inn and Suites or the Courtyard but this hotel served it's purpose. I wouldn't ever stay here without a Priceline rate but I would be willing to stay again if I needed a cheap hotel in this area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]