Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Secaucus-North Bergen) La Quinta Suites

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

it was a same day marathon bidding session for a hotel in the Secaucus area, started out at $80 for a 3* level, bid up to $100 and received a counteroffer to increase the bid by $22. I spurned the counteroffer and increased bid to $105, but was still rejected and was out of rebid zones. Lowered my star rating to 2.5* and started again at $80, and took a gamble that zones such as Jersey City and Clark-Westfield would not accept a "lowball" bid, was rejected up to $95 but received a counteroffer to increase my bid by $17. I closed my browser and re-accessed Priceline (through the savingsbarn.com links, natch!) and bid $100, success!

Your Offer Price: $100.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $23.58

Total Charges $123.58

I think the owner of this property should install magnetic board on the front of this hotel so that changing names would be easier. This property was a Radisson Suites, Prime Suites, Wyndham Suites within the past 3 years. For some reason, the rating is now a 2.5* as a LaQuinta, but the only change is the sign out front, the desk clerks no longer wear a blazer and tie (they now wear a polo shirt), and the rooms have styrofoam cups instead of real glass. The indoor pool is still open though.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]