Priceline Hotel: Hotels in Key West or Key Largo

Yoda
By Yoda,
in

Hi,

I have gone through almost 7 pages in both priceline and hotwire forums and did see just 1 bid about the key west and key largo area. just wanted to know the reason for it? Is it not a popular place to stay or the offerings from hotwire and priceline do not match up?

I am planning a trip in December to the area and just wanted an idea.

Thanks to anyone who replies. i know it's a bit off topic. feel free to move it to appropriate section if needed.

Maybe some peolple didn't follow-up their threads so that others can know the results... like THIS ONE :)

Please follow-up the above post with whatever you ended up doing for that stay and we will then reply to your question(s) above.

As well, there is an excellent SEARCH FEATURE on the board so that you don't need to scroll thru the last 7 pages.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Now future users will know that you ultimatley weren't successful for that stay rather than left wondering if you were successful and just didn't post or if you made other plans :)

Both Key Largo and Key West are tough priceline zones, especially during peak season, which is one of the reasons why there aren't too many posts on the board (and even fewer successful posts) for this area. However, things always change, especially with priceline and HOTWIRE, so it does pay to give them a shot... just don't expect such significant savings that are often seen elsewhere and know the price of your best non-opaque options as well in order to make sure you don't overbid (our BetterChecker is a good tool to use to research rates)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your input thereuare.

So i have decided to focus my search in key largo as its in between key west and miami areas.

As far as i can see, their is just one rebid zone of Islamorada which has 2 and 2.5 stars and key largo just has 1 star and resorts.

I did not see any hotels listed in Islamorada in the pricline list and only 3 listed in key largo ( shearton resort i think has been renamed/bought).

With this info in hand, what would u reccomend? the dates are 25th to 28th december ( all are weekdays). I am getting 3.5 star in hotwire for 212. I would like to get something in range of 125.

Thanks again for your input.

Update from my side. i tried with the suggested strategy and even went up to 145 with 2.5* added in islamorada. No Ball. Will try again soon. Other option is to book 2.5 * ( hopefully ramada) through HOTWIRE ($141) or reserve dayyinn directly in islamorada which is almost at the same price

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My husband and I travel to Key West several times a year. We used to get rooms in Key West for around $100 through Priceline. We were lucky enought to get the LaConcha, a 3.5 and the Hyatt, a resort. However, we have not been able to do this for the last 2 years. Especially since Hurricane Wilma last year, the prices and popularity of Key West have increased. The hotels in the historic section are full now just about all the time.

We were able to book the Sheridan last year in Key Largo for $75.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]