Priceline Hotel: Cancun - New 4 star level

fly_up_front
By fly_up_front,
in

I've been playing around with bidding Cancun for a possible trip next week and noticed that yesterday PL added a new 4 star quality level. Never had this come up during bidding.

It's traditionally been one big zone with Resort , 3 and 2 star and I think the old thinking is that you had to bid Resort to be pretty assured of being on the beach.

Anyone have any feel for what the 4 star might be and whether or not it's likely to be on the beach? No 4 star (or the level) has ever been reported anywhere online. Knowing me, I'll bid it just to see what we get.

I don't know, but yet another example of how hotels can be added (or ratings changed) at any time. Didn't apply in your case, but emphasizes why it's important to check re-bid zones before each bid!!

If you're vacationing i have somebody i have booked thru for the Palace Resorts that has great rates and i'd be happy to pass their name along. They only deal with the Palace chain of resorts but their prices are excellent. We stayed at the Moon Palace and although it was a good value for what we paid we had mixed feeling about it and probably won't return (too big, food not so good, etc).

As i also posted before, part of our Mexico trip was at Ceiba del Mar which was INCREDIBLE!! and we're looking forward to going back there (although we booked a package there which made it much more affordable, and unfortunately the package is no longer available)

Note that neither of the above are in the hotel zone but are nearby in Puerto Moreles so you don't get the crystal blue waters and great beach that Cancun is known for, although the Palace Resorts does have 2 hotels directly on the beach in the hotel zone.

I'll add more details on either if you're interested.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]