Hotwire Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

gked
By gked,
in

Purchased on 30/12/03

Booking details as below:

After booking through Hotwire i checked Venetian's own site for rates, found a $119 rate for a Venetian tower king for my dates by clicking on the suite special offers page, not through main reservations link. It didnt show my dates initally but $119 dela came up when i chose them.

Processed Double the Difference guarantee with Hotwire and after e-mailing proof of venetian offer, a refund was promised of $124.

Well Chuffed, looking forward to the Venetian

Still looking for hotel for 20th Jan in LV but had no luck in PL or Hotwire as big convention still on, anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Graeme

Purchase details below

Check-in: Wed, Jan 21, 2004

Check-out: Fri, Jan 23, 2004

No. of Rooms: 1

No. of Nights: 2

Price Per Night: $150.00

Subtotal: $300.00

Taxes / Booking Fees: $32.95

Total Price: $332.95

DD Refund: $124.00

Final Price: $208.95 :) :) :o

Ideally we want to stay on the main part of the strip, i.e no further north than Treasure Island/Venetian. 4 star if poss...

I currently have a cancellable backup with the Excalibur for $85 for this night, not sure about the hotel though - heard some bad reports.

Ballys rate of $113 looks good, was that on quikbook you saw that?

Also, do you think the priceline/hotwire rates will come down in price nearer to the 21st?

Thanks again for your help!

Yes, that is where i saw the $113 Bally's rate.

With Las Vegas there is absolutely no knowning where rates will be tomorrow, next week, next month, or even in the next few hours. Rates in LV change quicker (up and down) than any other city in the country!

Bally's is worth the extra $25 (IMO) over the Exaclibur... unless you are traveling with children who might enjoy the castle theme of the Excalibur (on the otherhand, if you go to Vegas to get away from kids then it's a better reason to avoid the Excalibur :) ). As well, if your luggage has wheels it's a fairly easy walk from Bally's to the Venetian (depending upon your agility/mobility), where as the Excalibur would almost certainly require a taxi. Even if you choose to take a taxi from Bally's, it's somewhat cheaper than the taxi from Excalibur, so at least that will defray your extra $25 cost somewhat (a good lesson in looking at total cost)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A couple of us were following prices at the Venetian for the 1/12 to 1/16 timeframe. It appeared that the Venetian released unsold inventory to Hotwire about 8 days prior to trip time. A huge drop in price was apparent on Hotwire (down to $122).

A $99/night rate was obtained by one of us for that time period using Priceline. These were non-weekend dates, of course. No major conventions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]