Priceline Hotel: Lahaina area or Wailea area

megabass
By megabass,
in

Hello I'm a newbie to this forum but I think this is an awesome place for people looking for deals. ANyways I want to know which area is better for a first timer to Maui? It seems from a little research that Lahaina is the more popular and touristy area vs. the Wailea area which seems to be more isolated. I just want somewhere next to a nice beach with some nitelife so I don't have to drive far distances after going somewhere to have a few drinks. Otherwise as far as the resorts go I can't really go wrong with using PL to bid for the resorts. I keep hearing bad stuff about The Whaler but I haven't heard what people are complaining about. Should I start about 140 ish and go from there? Thanks for the help!!

Eric

Eric, look at tripadvisor.com for opinions on properties and areas on Maui--very informative. Also look over posts here for hotel reviews. A lot of people prefer the Kaanapali area for fun and nightlife. Thereuare can help with bidding strategies. The dates of your stay will make a difference. Please use the links here for bidding and checking properties--they are very useful and help support the board.

i have stayed at alot of resorts on maui. if your going for best value for price its maui price resort on priceline by far. Their pool is weak but the rooms are nice and the property is great and because its far away from other resorts you can have your own beach area vs where most resorts are. I also stayed at the ritz but if you stay their you better have a heafty wallet.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm new here and immediately noticed all the Whaler bashing as well. I don't get it. I've stayed at several places in the Kaanapalli area and don't get the constant Whaler assaults. Some of the condos (better than a "room" in my opinion) there are a much better deal/value than the Sheraton, Hyatt, Westin, etc. Many of them are really very nice (and I'm fairly particular). Color me confused. Spend a little time on tripadvisor. That's the best I can recommend (besides you taking me for my word based on 1st hand experience of course) :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]