Priceline Hotel: 3* Milwaukee (Brookfield) Sheraton

kellsue
By kellsue,
in

Hello!

My boyfriend and I will be staying in the Brookfield area - check in 12/25, check out 12/28. I see that a number of people won a bid on priceline for the Sheraton. This would be a good place as it is right by my work so I won't have far to go (and I can have the BF walk over and bring me lunch :) )

I read about rebidding and think I get the whole changing the zone on your rebid by adding another zone that only has stars of lower levels to win your bid.... but was wondering if there is anything else I should think about my first time. How many free re-bids do you get? Otherwise I can do the normal process again in 24 hours correct? I can't be ABSOLUTELY sure that I'm going to get the Sheraton right? (although if I didn't it wouldn't be the end of the world as long as it's still in Brookfield.)

We'd prefer a King bed and my BF would like a smoking room....but I don't get this choice correct?

Am I booking too early? Should I wait for a better deal?

Any help you can suggest for a newbie would be great!

Kelly :)

<<Hello!

My boyfriend and I will be staying in the Brookfield area - check in 12/25, check out 12/28. I see that a number of people won a bid on priceline for the Sheraton. This would be a good place as it is right by my work so I won't have far to go (and I can have the BF walk over and bring me lunch )

I read about rebidding and think I get the whole changing the zone on your rebid by adding another zone that only has stars of lower levels to win your bid.... but was wondering if there is anything else I should think about my first time. How many free re-bids do you get?>>

It depends on how many zones in the same area that offer hotels with lower star ratings.

<<

Otherwise I can do the normal process again in 24 hours correct? >>

You cannot make the same bid again for 24 hours if it is not accepted. However, you can make different bids (different zone, different star rating) right away.

<<I can't be ABSOLUTELY sure that I'm going to get the Sheraton right? (although if I didn't it wouldn't be the end of the world as long as it's still in Brookfield.)>>

Correct.

<<We'd prefer a King bed and my BF would like a smoking room....but I don't get this choice correct?>>

You do not get the choice. I'd think that the smoking room probably won't be a problem, though.

<<Am I booking too early? Should I wait for a better deal?>>

No, if you are ready to bid then I would start now. However, Hotwire may also be a good option (see below.)

Any help you can suggest for a newbie would be great!

Kelly >>

HOTWIRE.com does appear to have the Sheraton listed for your dates. If you look up Brookfield for 2 people for 12/25-28, you should see a 3.5* hotel in the Brookfield zone with the amenities: Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry. $61 (you may see a slightly different price.)

Although not 100% guaranteed, this would likely be the Sheraton.

If the Sheraton is the hotel you're most interested in, this would be a very good option.

If you do use Hotwire, please use the site's HOTWIRE link to make your purchase. The link is found under the "support better bidding" section.

If you have any additional questions, please ask them here before using either service for the first time.

I'm still deciding between priceline and hotwire....but am leaning towards priceline. If I don't get the Sheraton and still get a room in Brookfield that will be fine...and I think I can try for a better deal then on priceline.

Going to think about it a little more and then go for it. I will use the link here to get to the site I use!

Kelly

Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield

375 South Moorland Rd

Brookfield, Wisconsin 53005

Check-In Date: Monday, December 25, 2006

Check-Out Date: Thursday, December 28, 2006

Your Offer Price: $55.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $165.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $32.67

Total Charges*: $197.67

First bid was 50.00, wasn't accepted. Rebid adding Northwest Milwaukee (doesn't have a 3 star option) and upped the bid by 5 bucks. Offer accepted. Tried the same thing with lower bids yesterday and the day before having both not accepted. I'm happy with 55.00. Started my venture with the link at savingsbarn.com

Thanks for all the help! :)

Kelly

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]