Hotwire Hotel: Help identify a 3.5* Anchorage Airport hotel

LoneStar
By LoneStar,
in

Airport shuttle, fitness center, restaurant, business center, laundry.

Now available for many days next summer for the astonishing price of $49.

There just aren't many (any?) hotels in the airport zone that could be 3 stars. My strong guess (if Hotwire hasn't mislabeled it) is that it's the Alaskan Millenium Hotel.

If this is the case, the even cheaper Extended Stay Deluxe property downtown may be the better deal. While the Millenium has a pleasant location on the lake and a nice "Alaskan" lobby, the property gets generally poor reviews (it's apparently run down).

That said, it's amazing to me that there are now 2 great summer deals in Anchorage.

I looked at July 10-12, but I think it's available for the entire month of July and probably beyond.

I'm kind of presenting it as an FYI alternative to the Extended Stay Deluxe, which is downtown (this one is close to the airport). Since I don't know of a "nice" 3.5 star hotel in the ANC airport zone, I'm a little afraid to book this. While it's counterintuitive, my hunch is the 2.5 star property is nicer than the 3.5 star property is this case -- and $12 cheaper!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gosh- I wish I could help. I live in Anchorage, but I've got to tell you.. Within the past 2 years, there are so many brand new hotels here you just WOULD NOT believe it!

The closest hotels to the airport are the International Inn (older hotel on Lake Hood), the Millennium Hotel is only about 1/2 mile further (still on Lake Hood).. then just past that on the opposite side of the road is the Best Western Barratt Inn (which has an older section, and a newer section)..

Aside from those though.. there is also a new Hilton close by, a new Courtyard, and just WAYyyYy too many to mention. :)

Next time I drive by the airport (which is often), I'll make a point to jot down all of the closest (nice) hotels and I'll add them all on here. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]