Hotwire Hotel: 3* Memphis (East) Doubletree

jegyed3
By jegyed3,
in

Double Tree Memphis East listed as Three Star, customer favorite, with and indoor-outdoor pool.

Staff was very very nice and showed me a king and a double room so I could choose. Call hotel prior becouse the default booking was for a smoking king, even though I listed two adults and two children as the guests. The check in staff twice mentioned that my reservation was a priceline rate, indicating that they are also very active with priceline. I tried to pay for an upgrade to a suite and the staff coould not figure out how to take the extra money becouse the rate was prepaid.

Beds were good, bathroom and room were clean, carpet had a few stains. Room has a small refrigerator, coffee maker, and an iron.

Rate was $65 plus tax or $78 per night. Lowest bookable rate was 109 plus tax or $124. So hotwire saved me almost $50 per night. Location was easy to get to. Only thing is that my room faced the interior or pool, and Memphis has an active rail system at night. Train whistles woke me twice both nights. A room facing the street side would have been much better becouse that is opposite the tracks (which are two blocks away).

Close by, but just far enough away are a sports bar, large movie-plex, Kroger, and resturants from fast food to very high end. Neighborhood looks to be very safe

Can you please clarify...

You listed this in the hotwire section of the board, and mention the property being a "Customer Favorite" (which is a hotwire term), but then mention that the htoel stated this was a priceline reservation and that they do a lot of business with priceline".

If this was a HOTWIRE purchase can you please list the complete set of amenities shown before your purchase and the dates of your stay. You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

If this was a priceline reservation please let us know the dates of your stay and we'll then move the thread to that section of the board.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can see why you may be a little confused.

This was a Hotwire reservation, my reference to the check in persons comment that it was a "Priceline Rate" was to point out two things. They seem to treat the reservations as the same type, this is notable becouse priceline only guarentees a room that will sleep 2.

Hotwire says that the accepted reservation will accommodate the number of people specified. In my case this was very important, and is why I went with Hotwire and skipped priceline. I specified a party of 4. When I called the hotel, prior to arrival, they had us all in a king bed smoking room. My take away on this is that the hotel assigns king smoking rooms to priceline customers, and is unaware of the Hotwire policy regarding accommodating the number of guests.

The second item you asked about was a list of ammenities. What stands out about the property listing however is " Customer Favorite" and " Indoor-Outdoor Pool". This is how I determined the location.

The standard ammenties listing contained:

Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Resturant, Buisness Center, High Speed Internet, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby.

Less than helpful in determining the hotel itself becouse other hotels had the same listing.

Hope this helps

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]