Under 25 Priceline Car Rental Bidding

hhbean
By hhbean,
in

Has anyone under 25 ever been successful bidding on Priceline for a car rental? Am I wasting my time if I don't bid over and above the $35-$50 the national chains want as an underage surcharge? It seems like no matter what I bid I get a 2nd screen that tells me that my price is unlikely to be accepted because it is too low for an under 25 renter. Any experiences would be appreciated.

I'm sure the "under 25" surcharge is factored into opaque prices so you'll surely need to raise your bid higher than most others.

Remember that your bid price should be based upon what your next best alternative price is... so if your next best alternative includes an under age surchage, you should factor that into your bidding as well. (imo)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...

What type of information are you seeking... as noted above you need to adjust your bid accordingly to compensate for the 'under age driver' fee. Ohter than that, what do you expect to be different?

If you would like specific help regarding your rental please start a NEW TOPIC In the Priceline Car Rental section of the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]